woooo hooooo ...car passed today

Akuma77

my first celica has just sailed through the mot this morning , the only advisory was that the rear left side caliper is slightly seized and also the pads and discs are going to be needed very shortly .He said their not dangerous as hes put it through and that he checked the readouts on the wheel machine and thats the results.

I did actually tell paul my mot guy that i was aware that the brakes will need doing shortly and are my next vital thing to be sorted ,i dont drive too far at the moment so probably i will see what i can get together so i can get it done after the new year but they will be done .

so it looks like i will have to get a full set of pads /discs from freaky parts , maybe buy a pair of new calipers but what else would i be likeliy to need ?

I have his Mtec grooved all round, Mintec pads and braided hoses, . Fine for what they are but if I was doing it again and known of the avensis option I would have done that. Not enough funds for willwoods which are a bit overkill. Very nice overkill, but over my budget. The front disc and pads are just too small. Silly cost saving nonsense but at least the brace cuts some of the excessive travel I had.

Edited by daytona

yeah the way i look at it as long as you have some good brakes , the brakes on this car are still good but its just the rears that are slightly worn down.

I think for the deals that stu does are pretty good compared to going to MR T.i may even get one of those cylinder braces too (think i found them on ebay for around £30 , i have no idea how much a caliper would set me back though , surely it would be better to buy a new one.

they are pretty pricey on here :

http://brakeparts.co.uk/#page=parts&pageSection=BHR&mancode=TOYO&brand=TOYOTA&model=CELICA&modelversion=CELI*(01-)+ZZT231+1.8+VVTI+FWD+-+190BHP

maybe i will do some researching on the net

All down to budget and driving style. I drive a bit quicker than average but don't make a habit of trying to stand it on it on its nose going into bends (slow in, fast out is what "lift" is for innit??? ;) ) It'll do .....for now......

Sorry, to clarify. New wilwoods about £600

New avensis calipers and avensis discs little more than half that.

Both TSport discs and calipers (& the pads that fit them) imo simply too small to haul the car up quickly, esp repeatedly.

No point replacing Tsport caliper with new Tsport caliper. Fresh discs better the knackered ones ditto pads and when replacing upgrade over standard as a minimum. BUT new vin ordinaire discs pads hoses = 200 (hoses £60 of that). For 400 (with avensis discs and calipers) don't know if you would need new hoses, the performance can be transformed as opposed to slightly improved, allegedly lol.

Edited by daytona

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.