Help! Brake lights keep blowing fuse!

Jim881

Hi all,

Been trying to wire up my 4th brake light and now for some reason my brake lights works 2 or 3 times and then they blow the fuse!!! Don't know what to do as I need the car for tomorrow?

Any help would be great

cheers

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4

Right I've just read the guide again and I think. Got myself a little confused!!!

Regards to the bridging wire I presume you have to supply that part yourself to the equation?!?!

Well me being a tit read the guide and caus there he used thick black wire , I used the thick black wire from each connector. I presume this explains why I had a short :D

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4

Hey pal I've had an idea.....unplug one brake light I.e left right or one of the middle ones then press the brake and do that sequence till u find which one blows the fuse....

If that fails then try a slightly bigger fuse I.e if it's a 10amp then go 15amp as because u hav more current going thru for the 4th brakelight a 10amp mite not cope so try that...

People feel free to correct if u doubt it :-)

Hey pal I've had an idea.....unplug one brake light I.e left right or one of the middle ones then press the brake and do that sequence till u find which one blows the fuse....

If that fails then try a slightly bigger fuse I.e if it's a 10amp then go 15amp as because u hav more current going thru for the 4th brakelight a 10amp mite not cope so try that...

People feel free to correct if u doubt it :-)

It's working now mate. Attached the scotchlok the the wrong wire first time

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.