Refurbishing Seat Rails

I have had the Recaro seats for some time now, I got them off DT4 from the OC and they are in pretty good condition, the seat rails however came from another source, and although they work perfectly well, I suspect that at some time that have been fitted to a car that has had a wet carpet as the bottom runner is somewhat rusty, surface rust only.

trouble is that they are fixed items and I dont see how I can take them apart without destroying them, removing the rust isnt a problem, I will just bath them in rust eater, but how do a Paint/powder coat them again afterwards?

Has anyone done this before....need some help please.

many thanks

Nial

Once you cleaned them of rust then o would just use a spray can of vht paint as it intends to be a little tougher than normal stuff just make sure you fill in all the screw holes with something like Palestine to stop any spray getting in them unless you feel like tapping them all out again but the spray should be able to get in all those slightly less accessible places

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.