Steering wheel help

Right ive lost faith in my (cheap removable steering wheel kit and boss kit) to cut a long story shortthey are made of cheese and dont really hold wheel as secure as Id like, been a few times this week Ive had to pull over coz I was scared wheel was gunna fall off. Anyway i removed removale wheel boss, reattaced the wheel to normal boss and to be honest that was even worse so the 2 are going before I put myself into a wall.

my problem is the horn.

Here is the old cheese boss with a nice horn wire

Photo0085_zps8e20c612.jpg

i just happened to find a genuine Momo boss in my cupboard to replace it, amazing what you find when you tidy up, didnt know I had this.

Photo0086_zps4d161552.jpg

Which doesnt have any wires

Back of my Momo horn push 2 spades, I had one connected to the boss wire and the other earthed to a handy spot on old boss, prob not the best way to do it but it worked

Photo0087_zps5ddcbd7c.jpg

And heres the gen 5 contacts.

Photo0084_zpsb9f641a1.jpg

So does anybody know where I have to connect the two contacts on back of horn to???

Thankyou :)

Ps yes I am sad enough to have a carbon wrapped lappy

Edited by Ghoulscout

top left of the steering column is a brass pin. this is the live and earth can go anywere.

there should be a contact ring attached to one of your bosses that you can use i would have thought

Photo0084ibh_zps800ddc53.jpg

this pin ere???

my boss is the same.

what did you use as a horn ring? The one on my old boss is a totally different size

Gotta say the Momo boss feels so much better than the old one, I never new a boss could make so much difference but everything just feels more positive

umm, my boss has no wires and the horn button makes no contact with the boss cos it an RAID with a plastic centre peice. ive not resolved it yet.

i love this wheel, but i have no horn.

was planning on swapping it to a cheese one with a different wheel (the mummy mod) at mot time.

umm, my boss has no wires and the horn button makes no contact with the boss cos it an RAID with a plastic centre peice. ive not resolved it yet.

i love this wheel, but i have no horn.

was planning on swapping it to a cheese one with a different wheel (the mummy mod) at mot time.

Risky sir, one time I got pulled by LAPD the copper asked me to test lights, wipers and horn etc

Im sure it would be easy enough to make a ring up but im assuming it would have to be totally insulatated from the boss???

Edited by Ghoulscout

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.