Gen 5 and 7 Steering Wheel Q

Guest Ambermile

Guest Ambermile

Can anyone confirm for me the fact that the gen 5 wheel splines are the same as the gen 7 please? This is important as it's the difference between mr standard (boring) wheel and a cool yellow one :D

Guest Ambermile

Electrics I can deal with, just need to know the splines are the same - and the same length too since I don't want the wheel under my nose! Can make a boss if need be but splining would be pushing things.

Hmm. What's an SST and is a definite requirement for wheel removal?

Edited by Ambermile

They are the same, I have a gen 7 wheel fitted in my 5, as Sonic said the only issue is the horn connection and indicator cancellation but the answer to your question is yes, the splines and nut are identical :thumbs:

Guest Ambermile

They are the same, I have a gen 7 wheel fitted in my 5, as Sonic said the only issue is the horn connection and indicator cancellation but the answer to your question is yes, the splines and nut are identical :thumbs:

Excellent, that is just what I wanted to hear :dance:

No EML issues from the airbag then - assuming I have ignition off when I remove it?

Can't help you on that one I'm afraid, I bought the wheel from a breaker and it came with the slip ring which I didn't use.

I would have thought that unless the slip ring is connected that you may get an airbag error of some sort though, maybe it could be wired in under the dash somewhere if you're doing away with the airbag?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.