TSport centre cap refurb

Just been speaking to Rob at Liquidart to sort out a new blue black rear badge and blue infil. Trying to get wheel centre caps to match not so simple it appears. Have not had them off to check yet. Do they pop out with judicious use of pointy stick or is a wheel off and give her a poke from behind jobbie? :o

Looking to change logo from silver / red to black / blue.

What solution options are there please?

Edited by daytona

If you use a pointy stick or small screwdriver to take them off, you might damage the paint on the wheels bud. Best to do it from the back with the wheels off. I got a set of decals from mook & painted my centre caps to suit the car, then fitted the decals & lacquered them.

008_zpsba46ca24.jpg

pretty sure you pop them off from behind, although you may be able to prise them off with a small flathead screwdriver... never tried.

options:

1. spray the cap a solid colour and get Mook to make you up blue/black decals which you can stick on then clearcoat over

2. spray the cap a solid colour and Likwidart might be able to make you a small blue/black t-sport logo to stick on. You won't really be able to clearcoat over it for protection though.

3. get Slugster to make you up a domed sticker of your colour choice and design to perfectly fit the centrecap.

Edited by InsolentMinx

If you use a pointy stick or small screwdriver to take them off, you might damage the paint on the wheels bud. Best to do it from the back with the wheels off. I got a set of decals from mook & painted my centre caps to suit the car, then fitted the decals & lacquered them.

008_zpsba46ca24.jpg

Cheers. Just remembered I am having a couple of tyres fitted Saturday so will pop em off then. Live half way up a hill. Jacking it up at home asking for trouble. Whats the diff between what mook & liquidart produce so that you can lacquer mooks but not liquidarts?

pretty sure you pop them off from behind, although you may be able to prise them off with a small flathead screwdriver... never tried.

options:

1. spray the cap a solid colour and get Mook to make you up blue/black decals which you can stick on then clearcoat over

2. spray the cap a solid colour and Likwidart might be able to make you a small blue/black t-sport logo to stick on. You won't really be able to clearcoat over it for protection though.

3. get Slugster to make you up a domed sticker of your colour choice and design to perfectly fit the centrecap.

As above and what is slugsters stuff made from then? I want summat that will look good for more than a few months.

Is Mook away does anyone know as I mailed him re this and some customised club stickers and havent heard back yet?

:huh:

Have you seen LikwidArt? It's a raised, slightly squishy, shiny gel. the different parts are curved, so I'm pretty sure it'll look crap if you clearcoat it. The clearcoat would collect in the grooves...

Mooks vinyl decals are just flat vinyl graphics a fraction of a milimeter tall, thus very easy to clearcoat over

Slugster makes raised domed stickers. a bit like LikwidArt, but it's a clear resin dome over a printed graphic, so it has depth and weatherproofed-ness while looking like (well, it actually is) a top quality professional raised decal

look at their individual corporate pages to see what their work looks like :)

Edited by InsolentMinx

:huh:

Have you seen LikwidArt? It's a raised, slightly squishy, shiny gel. the different parts are curved, so I'm pretty sure it'll look crap if you clearcoat it. The clearcoat would collect in the grooves...

Mooks vinyl decals are just flat vinyl graphics a fraction of a milimeter tall, thus very easy to clearcoat over

Slugster makes raised domed stickers. a bit like LikwidArt, but it's a clear resin dome over a printed graphic, so it has depth and weatherproofed-ness while looking like (well, it actually is) a top quality professional raised decal

look at their individual corporate pages to see what their work looks like :)

Oh crap. I hadn't realised that. I thought the badge in the photo was a badge not a squidge. Dammit! Does anyone do badgy badges in non standard colours?

Think Blackadder, think Baldrick, think irony.................

The OEM badge is a badgy badge. I haven't bitten it to check but I suspect it may be painted metal, whether its irony or alloyery I really neither know nor care. Just don't want its replacement looking tacky.

I fear I may need to shoot a squirrel to make the brush to paint the original myself. Not a good prospect for Mr Delerium Tremens!

I want whatever you're having...

Well if you want a black/blue theme, your best bed for a badgey badge replacement would be to rub the OEM badge down (with sandpaper) then paint it black, then ask Mook to make you a T-Sport logo which you can stick on the black badge, and then go over with a few coats of clearcoat.

It'll look very nice.

Alternatively Slugster could make you a centrecap badge with a black background, blue T-Sport logo, and then it'll all look lovely with a nice clear resin dome over the top to protect it from the elements

That Sir, is a cunning plan. I like it. Thanks.

Whats is Slugsters company / link please?

You'll have what I'm having?

Well I'm double bagging with PG Tips at the moment :o

( I did NOT say teabagging, that's just your mucky mind. Denial? ...."Your best bed...." ..... Freudian slip there sir, you can't blame fat fingers the d & t are not adjacent!)

likwid for the infill mook for the rear decal and Slugs for the wheels. Yup. Happy with that. Thanks guys.

likwid now paid, slugs pm'ed and mook re-emailed.

The paint on the wheels is better than average but still a few chips. Any touch up kits you can recommend for this?

Edited by daytona

:thumbs:

LiwkidArt do do a very nice T-Sport badge which would match the infill... but it's £15, so not cheap.

http://s1082.photobucket.com/user/slugster121/media/CCUK/blueTsport.jpg.html

Oi. I shall slap you! pml. It was you telling me it was a squidgy that sent me off to Slugster in the first place!!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.