JDM Flares

Flares are classed as explosives and as such carry a UN number and are hazardous so shouldn't be sent through regular post.

Again, as they're explosives it'll just take one copper to be picky and you're done for handling explosives, which will put a marker on your car meaning you'll get pulled over a lot...

With that being said ive got two in my boot and have had them there for months :D

There is no way in hell it'll ignite without you wanting it to, it's like a grenade just randomly going off. It doesn't happen.

Having said all that if you don't want em, post it to me :D:lol:

Edit: And be sensible and other responsible moderatory stuff

Found something of interest regarding the legality of flares, as I know that most boat owners carry them, so did a bit of research and found this

'There are no legal issues with the carriage of flares under the requirements of the Carriage of Dangerous Goods, etc. Act, 2009 provided the total weight of the flares is below five kilograms. This means that they can be carried on any UK road and you won't need to carry a warning triangle.'

Looks like its fully legal to carry a hand flare in the car, as long as its properly secured and proper precautions are taken so that it doesn't go off by accident. They are classed as fireworks.

Flare Guns however are a different matter though and seem to require a firearms license

Edited by Monkey_matt

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.