Car struggles to start...

Got my new celica a couple of weeks back, was a slow struggling start up, obviously I'd never heard it start before but thought I'd eventually get round to finding out the problem, not sure how long it had been doing it in total but done it to me for just over 2 weeks, next really cold night when i tried to start the car and there was nothing.

Luckily had a battery from my old celica that I'd recently charged incase my brother needed it, so changed it over... started up and good as new! So yeah mate, I know you've already decided its your battery but just so you have no hestitation at the counter when your handing over your money :P

Interesting about the HID's mate. My driver side lights up then goes out after a few minutes. My alternator is on its way out though just waiting for the new one to arrive. Wondering if its something related, rather than a loose connection.

Oh and sometimes it just won't come on at all.

HID's are a fickle thign, had many a sets where the ballast would play up, or the bulb went, sounds to me like the ballast is going on yours, and you lex. I have a garage full of broken sets, i gave up and went to Osram night breakers. cant be arsed with the fiddling around of HID's anymore. Pain in the arse.

But yeah, battery's fucked mate. reading fully charged and holding a charge are two very different htings, good job you already have ordered a new one though. :thumbs:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.