Coolant line question

digs

Just saw this topic Digs. Can't imagine why you having problems with the actuator hitting the pipes. The preface 3SFE has very similar pipes, but I had no problems there. A closer pic of the turbo in place will help and I'll do the same for you tomorrow.

But if all fails, then the above flange/spacer will help with longer bolts and an extra gasket.

Cool, that would help. Tried three different turbos (as kept buying them!) and all had same issue. Thinking maybe manifold is a bit different maybe...

Photo would be really useful :)

My car is actually in Southampton and I am back in Cardiff (nowhere to do the build here so using my friends drive).

Only photo I have of dry fit, this was using olives as spacers.

2194E776-6152-4A29-A540-F016ED153E7C-8375-00000DE06C5F17A3.jpg

Where it hits, it's not the smaller pipe on the actuator that's an issue as can be cut back.

A63D1B1D-F057-42E8-B646-BACA7CC3B1DC-7085-00000BFBA56C12D8.jpg

Oh, and yes the coolant lines are in a stupid position!

EDIT

I don't think I have an st185 manifold....just had a moment of obviousness/stupidness, the outlet is not twin !

3D930ED4-4D46-41FF-A2A3-6A2EA545B472-8375-00000DE3A754B708.jpg

Which is prob why does not clear or angle correctly!!!

Can you/anyone confirm? Then will ask the breakers :)

(Have the st165 maybe?)

Edited by digs

Yeah will source the right bit ! Happy that found that out before going further :)

And something else I have learnt which is always good :) rather look dumb and work it out than not learn

Also had fun trying to solve the issue

Edited by digs

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.