Arch Rolling Gen 7

I had mine done at Demon Tweeks for just over £40 each arch, it seemed a little more expensive than I thought it would be, but there was no one else close enough that could do it, so if I found someone cheaper then the extra fuel for travelling would have made it somewhere near the same price.

The lip on the rear arch that's around 10mm horizontally gets folded back until it touches the rest of the bodywork.

I don't know if anyone has any pics they could post up to show you as I don't have any.

Edited by armoredfist2002

I heard the rear arches are prone to cracking when they get rolled? Theres a company called arch enemy I believe? They come to your house with an arch roller

Edited by liamk-9

If you're ever up Bradford way bud I can point you in the right direction, the guy is very good.

Here are mine rolled, need to go back at some point & have them feathered out a bit more as the tyres still catch.

http://www.celica-club.co.uk/forum/index.php?/topic/137396-j03-mods-the-red-rickshaw/page__st__60#entry1691871

A mate has it done on her 306 gti-6 a few years back and no tabs the paint was fine

A few years later though rust became an issue, by folding back you create a small space where crap and water collect

I have started treating the underside of my car, can't remember what it's called but it contains waxoyl, you could always treat with something before getting the arches done.

Sometimes the paint cracks, sometimes it doesn't. Can't remember if one of mine has but the other hasn't.

I've had mine rolled at the same place as J03 and after seeing how he did it, its definitely one job I would NOT tackle myself. As if you screw it up it wil cost £££ to sort out.

Ah ok, thanks mate. I suppose that's out of the question then. Did you suffer any ill effects such as paint cracking or anything?

There appears to be a tiny hairline crack in the laquer, I mean tiny. But other than that they are perfect, he put loads of underseal behind the lip before he rolled it up. They have gone through this winter fine with no issues at all but time will tell

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.