gen 6 auto "L" reg

Ok guys, had a random call from someone i met a while ago who has the above for sale . He bought a jag 18 mths ago and just parked the celica up , now he just wants rid and has offered me the chance to go and have a look with the option of making an offer, i know little of these cars tbh and want to know a little more before viewing sunday . Is it likely to have superstrut ? What engine should be fitted, and whats a sensible offer if the car is sound in body.... Am thinking it may do the other significant half as a runabout for a while :shrug:, i do know its an import and its black lol oh and it has a large boot spoiler.

Ok guys cheers ;) , so possible two engine options ? Is the 3sge the better of the two and what is a ssii as opposed to a normal st202 (you can tell i'm used to boost..lol). I'm hoping that being an auto hes just whacked into park and not bothered with the handbrake, we'll see soon enough. It was last started in the spring '12 so i'm taking jump leads and if its not tidy i'll walk away.

3sfe is a lower power economy 2.0 and less reliable and to be honest doesn'y give enoug of an improvement on MPG to make up for the lack of power

the 3sge rev 3 is flawless and tbh even after a year it will rock into life with a jump start

ssi is always a 3sfe engine and the ssii is basically the jap version of the gen 6 GT all gen 6 cars are ST20_ apart from the ST which is an AT200

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.