Bluetooth OBD11 Reader

Aftershock

Since i've been asked first of all which reader i have its this one

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321051776913?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Can get the same ones from China aswell but i didnt want to wait 3 weeks on it coming.

Now for a little discussion on them.

FIrstly it seems to work fine with Torque and reads fault codes ect, but it also causes the ABS light to flash while the car isnt moving, as soon as i drive off the light goes off and as soon as i stop it starts to flash again, it only does it with the OBD11 reader plugged in. Anyone any ideas why?

Anyway im using Torque pro and its much much better than the free version, i do wonder how accurate the MPG is though, i've not done enough miles to work mine out again but it does read a little higher than i would have expected.

And finally, what other cool features do people use on torque, or any other similar app?

i been using Torque app, good app but limited, nice bit of eye candy and can be used as a HUD too.limited to what info is coming out of the obd2 port on your celi.. would have been nice to have oil pressure reading.you can have two blue tooth devices running at the same time if you have a reasonably competent smart moby. i use a Samsung note 2 and it bluetooths to my Kenwood head unit and the obd2 unit at the same time both working simultaneously.only downside is a slight time lag, so when using shift lights, by the time your rev lights hit red and its time to change gear, because of the lag you have already hit the rev limiter...Doh! looks nice though.. Big benefit of useing this app is that its dead easy to read engine fault codes and clear them at a touch. even set up an alarm for when engine throws one up and get notified straight away

I found a fix for the abs light problem but it involves cutting a wire in the obd2 connector ;)

You can set up custom PIDs to create oil pressure readouts, thats if the ECU has the info in the first place, but I have no idea what info you put in though

My old phone (HTC Sensation) only allowed one BT device at a time, but low and behold the new one (Galaxy S3) allows two :D So saves me from buying a Wifi reader!

I've only just started to use it more now the phone has a nice big screen, better battery, and the features have seem to of improved since the last time round I used Torque

I've left mine in unintentionally a couple of times and the batteries been fine, I try and amek sure its removed though just in case (sounds silly, but could someone do damage? '1234' isnt exactly a great passcode)

Edited by Chris CW

I've left mine in unintentionally a couple of times and the batteries been fine, I try and amek sure its removed though just in case (sounds silly, but could someone do damage? '1234' isnt exactly a great passcode)

better than 0000 lol kl i tend to take mines out all the time, dont fancy waking up to a dead car :P

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.