HID question - Please can someone confirm.

gen7nnb

Morning all, driving out to get shopping yesterday and I noticed in the reflection of the car in front, a slight issue with my headlights.

As you can see from the picture below, the drivers side has suddenly changed from 4300k to I don't know what colour temp.

Question is, bulb or ballast? It flickers a fair bit when turned on but I'm thinking bulb as the ballast doesn't control the colour.

IMAG0378.jpg

Before I go spending, what do you guys think?

Cheers

Dave

Well now I've had both either side and while I love the slightly bluer look of 6000k but they just don't light up the road like the 4300k. Hoping 5000k will be a good compromise.

Ahh right. I've always loved 4300K's because it looks a spitting image of those on the BMW's, Audi's, etc. People see them and it instantly registers as a 'newer' type car.

That said, 55W lowers the 'K' temperature slightly over 35W because of the power output - so in theory a 55W 5000K would look very similar to a 4300K 35W, if not a bit brighter and a bit bluer.

I might try this...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.