Dyno Run Charges

I've been enquiring about Dyno run charges up here and they are not cheap. One company wants £48 for two power runs and another £60 for three runs. I know that is normal rates and no discount for club days but it's pretty expensive for what amounts to ten minutes work. Doncaster was a snip at £35.

hi David....the thing about a basic run up is that it only tells you what power you have. You need to know how it is fuelling and where the ign and mapping are to know how to increase the power.

They are not interested in tuning for the basic run cost so you come away with not knowing what to do to rectify things.

Motorscope in Northallerton does all John's rally cars old and new and they are a demon at sorting things out.....they can map and tune and test.....very professional but not cheap.

John took his AE86 there and they re-mapped it and changed jets etc. and sorted a long standing problem with the car...parts and over 2 hours labour and the dyno runs came to about £180.....but he went away with a better running car!

Edited by BrianGT

I've been enquiring about Dyno run charges up here and they are not cheap. One company wants £48 for two power runs and another £60 for three runs. I know that is normal rates and no discount for club days but it's pretty expensive for what amounts to ten minutes work. Doncaster was a snip at £35.

John Sleath normally charges £80 for a dual sess (designed for before & after power tweaks/mapping) & £50 for a single sess (3 blasts as per last month)

I'd clarify what they mean buy dual & triple runs matey, as any decent dyno place would surely class "a run" as 3 blasts to get an average? Oh & make sure your place of choice runs a nice big fan, I wouldn't go near a dyno that doesn't have one.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.