Help needed with intake hose ?

Went to change the intake hose today for a silicone "elbow" piece but as per usual the jobs that should be a 5min thing always turn out to have complications, found out that the standard intake hose has other pipe going in and coming out of it so my question to all of you lovely people is................ How do i bypass these ??

DSCF1107_zpsccbc7ff5.jpg

DSCF1108_zps4d0357ce.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated

The gen 5 as the same set up,

What i did on mine was the pipe in the 1st pic i left out and gave it it's own little cone filter

The second pipe in pic 2 i put back in the main air feed just drilled a small hole in the new silicone pipe and pushed the metal joining pipe into it nice and tight

Ok hear goes

This is the pipe in pic 1 i put a small cone on it

Photo0962.jpg

This is the pipe in pic 2 the black 1 under the 2 blue which i put back in to the new silicone pipe

Photo0963.jpg

The next 2 pics are ware the 2 pipes come from to go to a catch can

Photo0964.jpg

Photo0965.jpg

And the other ends to the catch can

Photo0966.jpg

Ok Jon hear you go the pipes with the Red and Yellow arrows are the 2 that go to the catch can

The Red is from the top of the cam, cover by spark plug no 4 and the Yellow is from bot side of the TB level with the electrical plug you can see

Photo0967.jpg

Sorry Viva for Hijacking your thread a bit their mate

Kool thanx Shaun :thumbs:

So would I be right in thinking that on mine the 2 hoses for the oil catch can go from here (the circled bit)

e9f22bb1f436bae1fe7c0509e1a9f19a.jpg

Yep it's different on the 6

So

Yes mate but i would try and fit the catch can someware on that side if i were you

The shorter the pipes the beter

Other side. Air intake side mate.

Nice one Shaun :thumbs:

In from cam, out to TB.

Yep in from cam out to TB

Edited by shaungtr

Yes mate but i would try and fit the catch can someware on that side if i were you

The shorter the pipes the

Thought you'd say that lol can't find anywhere for it to fit, the only place I can see it fitting is on the passenger side strut tower there's no room anywhere else :-/

Edited by Viva La Bloke

You can run a catch can through the pipes on the left, but iirc its got a pressure valve in the purple bit, so not sure if its worth it

pipes for rev3 catch can same as rev2. off the rocker cover to the throttle body, stop all the crud recurculating....

Image011-2_zps4955953f.jpg

thats looking at the engine from the back with the throttle body n inlet manif removed. the stock pipe is shown.... and if you use silicon hose, it will split at the rocker cover end, fuel pipe / oil hose best

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.