Flocking

G7 Tee

Just wanted to know a few things about the whole process;

*Has anyone attempted to do this themselves, if so how hard is it to do or would you advise getting it done professionally?

*If the entire dash is to be flocked professionally does it need to come out or can the process be done whilst the dash is in place?

*How long would it take for an entire dashboard flock?

*Company recommendations in the south east (London, Essex, Kent, Hertfordshire, Surrey)

Any help/advice or just words of wisdom is much appreciated...

Spot only does flocking when it suits him though, he picks and chooses the time of year to offer his services. I used a place in leeds to get my A pillars done in black 1mm flock. Alll parts really have to be removed from the car for flocking. My guy charged £15 for a normal A pillar and £20 for one with a triple gauge pod in it. He did a very good job though.

I would buy a second hand dash from AMS, get it flocked then just swap your old one out. That way you dont have to worry about the car being off of the road. No idea what a dash would cost, maybe £100+ but they can have it done in 48 hours no probs.

Spot only does flocking when it suits him though, he picks and chooses the time of year to offer his services. I used a place in leeds to get my A pillars done in black 1mm flock. Alll parts really have to be removed from the car for flocking. My guy charged £15 for a normal A pillar and £20 for one with a triple gauge pod in it. He did a very good job though.

I would buy a second hand dash from AMS, get it flocked then just swap your old one out. That way you dont have to worry about the car being off of the road. No idea what a dash would cost, maybe £100+ but they can have it done in 48 hours no probs.

We might have to talk next year if I decide on a dash flock :)

Cheers guys, pretty much answered all my questions... I'm assuming its not something that should be attempted as a DIY but I guess it would make sense to buy a second hand dash and then swap it over once its been flocked... Oh forgot to ask, those who do have have flocking done, how hard wearing is it and how easy is it to maintain?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.