Ok! Tell me all about it........

BrianGT

I fell in love with the GEN 7 when it first came out but could never afford it. After nursing my mother thru a long illness and paying her fees with the proceeds of her house, I inherited a measly £5. A cruise or a GEN 7 ? The Gen 7 won and I have never regretted my purchase. Even the wife likes it although she is amazed how much I care for my car as I have never been a car freak before.

My best ever buy apart from the £10 spent joining all you guys on this super site. LONG LIVE CELICAS

I fell in love with the GEN 7 when it first came out but could never afford it. After nursing my mother thru a long illness and paying her fees with the proceeds of her house, I inherited a measly £5. A cruise or a GEN 7 ? The Gen 7 won and I have never regretted my purchase. Even the wife likes it although she is amazed how much I care for my car as I have never been a car freak before.

My best ever buy apart from the £10 spent joining all you guys on this super site. LONG LIVE CELICAS

You made the right choice mate.........a cruise would just be distant memories by now........you are still enjoying your car! :)

Always had sporty stuff GTE, GTi, RS Cosworth, anything fast basically lol

Then bought Japanese and realised that fast could be more affordable, had a sorted imported heavily modded GC8 impreza that was scary quick but still gave 30+mpg! After the local court took a loan of my license for 3 months due to some alleged high speed tom foolery i bought an MR2 had a whole load of those, MKI and II's, then like others decided i needed more seats but went for an FTO as it was a little off the wall. Loved that too bits but unfortunately it caught the "brown cancer" or just rust in a rather terminal fashion so had to go.

Spotted a nice Gen7 T Sport with 26k miles and 1 previous owner in a stealership and decided that i'd have it - not looked back since! Great looks, superb handling, almost acceptable performance and economical into the bargain - can't fault it.

Always loved the look of Gen5's ever since i first seen one but just never got round to owning one - they do do a GT4 version of that so who knows what the future holds :)

growing up I remember being a young teenager back in 1994 and a neighbour bought a gen 6 GT and I loved it, looked totally different to anything I had seen before. when i passed my test 3 years later these cars where still fetching £18k so i never bothered with them untill 2008 when i happened across one for sale near me in a horrible green colour and at a price I thought i could afford. popped along bought it and the clutch gave up on the way home. Over the next year i replaced the entire fuel system and brakign system along with both front hubs, none of this put me off and i drove the car untill last month also since then I have owned or own about 8 gen 6 celicas and even a gen 5.

I have a real love of the engineering behind a GT4 of any generation however i think the Gen 6 GT4 looks a bit fugly.

this wasn't my first toyota before the celica I owned a mk1 mr2 which a truck drove over the bonnet, that engine went into a corolla ae92 and i then moved onto subaru's if it hadn't been for the low price of a gen 6 my love of the celica would never have been rekindled ;)

It's amazing how many lusted after a Celica but the time wasn't right and yet when it was you still hankered after one! Usually time kills the passion......

Briano.....that's obsessive compulsion disorder of the highest magnitude! 7 or 8 Celica's!! :o

Briano.....that's obsessive compulsion disorder of the highest magnitude! 7 or 8 Celica's!! :o

haha the green gen 6 which i still technically have is the longest i have owned a single car for ever :o 4 years

in those 4 years it was

green facelift gen 6 GT

blue pre-face gen 6 GT

silver facelift ST

grey facelift SSiii

gen 5 GTI 16v

White facelift SSii

black Facelift ST

black pre-face SSii

technically i own 2 more celicas I bought a gen 4 on my last day of holiday in aus 2 years and had it delivered to my parents house much to their disgust :sofa:

also about a year ago when i decided i wasn't exporting my green gen 6 to australia my sisters bought me a green gen 6 ZR with a 5sfe engine.

that makes 10 really :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.