Fake Carbon

Ghoulie

14 members have voted

1. 1. What to do??

• Carbon wrap
    • Touch up paint
    • Leave it alone
    • Other (please post)

It would look cool as hell wrapped, especially with your rear spoiler and everything else, BUT, and this is a big BUT, don't attempt it yourself, it took me 3 attempts to get my bonnet right, and that was with 3 people helping out each time (and cost a fortune in wrap)

The ATA GT4 bonnet is a right pain in the ass, and if you get any wrinkles in it then it will just look worse than a few stone chips, and to pay someone to wrap it would cost as much as a respray

It would look cool as hell wrapped, especially with your rear spoiler and everything else, BUT, and this is a big BUT, don't attempt it yourself, it took me 3 attempts to get my bonnet right, and that was with 3 people helping out each time (and cost a fortune in wrap)

The ATA GT4 bonnet is a right pain in the ass, and if you get any wrinkles in it then it will just look worse than a few stone chips, and to pay someone to wrap it would cost as much as a respray

Thanks Rich I think your that post and Rays last post on Scotts thread have kinda made up my mind for me.

WRAPPING DOES NOT HIDES STONE CHIPS!

They reflect the surface and an air pocket will only mean the vinyl would not stick down properly and eventually bubble up.

I dont know why every one with stone chips keeps turning to a wrap to cover it up?

Post borrowed from Scotts thread with no permissions whatso ever. In the event of copywrite issues then talk address all complaints to Biggy

Stone chips are going to need filling anyway

Ill see if that wrapping guy is at JAE next year because if I was to do it myself Id be looking at Hexis wrap which would cost a fair bit in itself, so might as well give it to a pro at those sort of prices as I dont think I could do it cheaper myself anyway. If need be Kittii could do the side vents to keep the costs down,

Couple of questions though.

Are my front trims/indys Hexis or 3M???

and is it even possible do do the centre vent in one piece???

Oh and what do you guys think of this? http://www.ebay.co.u...=item3f00aa19cb

Edited by Ghoulscout

Well i would disagree with Ray, i have covered many bonnets, (stone chips and all) with no problems, my original bonnet was terrible and still going strong on Mill5ys car 3 years later, no bubbles what so ever, and never has had any bubbles

The carbon wrap is very thick and covers small imperfections near on perfectly, the weave pattern also helps to mask the imperfections, gloss wrap is another story though and won't cover imperfections due to how thin the wrap is and the gloss/reflective finish

Your front trims are the old style Hexis, but the weave pattern is identical on the newer Hexis carbon wrap, just the finish is a bit shiner now

And no, not possible to do the centre vent in one piece, or at least i never figured out how to

Edited by rpsmith79

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.