mot checker

simonwref

after the mileage award at jae yesterday, i was curious to see what my last 12 month mileage was (13,168 in a 21 year old gen5 :lol:).

it actually dead easy to use and gives you lots of info, date, garage, odometer, list of advisories and list of fails, for all mots as far back as 2005.

anyway it did throw up something in the mileage on mine,

07/06 97,096

07/07 107.558

07/08 111,041

08/09 96,213

(looks like its been clocked, or had its clocks changed sometime between these two)

02/10 is when i bought the car and mileage was 99,122

today the mileage is 138,279 but i now think that its genuine mileage is about 15k more than that

to be honest, though, i dont really care, cos i dont see any circumstance in which i would sell her and she will go on as long as she wants too, regardless.

might be worth checking yours, or maybe its better the devil you know.

I always go through this when I buy a car, especially where all the MOT advisory sheets have been conveniently lost! The Civic has a habit of digesting split pins, several MOTs mention missing ones, and I fitted new ones on purchase all round. They've all now vanished again!

13,000 one the award... i thought something like 20 would win it, i get close to that in mine. I could probably name a few members who do more they just weren't at JAE. :lol:

In a note to clocking, when i was a car sales man we did mot checks to confirm millage you would be surprised how many flagged up, but unsurprisingly most were bmw's.

Back when I was looking for a Gen 6 I was on the verge of buying a Bronze coloured one from a guy at Hunstanton with 95,000 ish on it. Till I checked the MOT history that is and found it had had 100,000 miles knocked off its clock about 3 years previous!!! When I told the chap he didnt even seem surprised, 'oh well' he said 'perhapes I'll just take it down the auction' :blink:

No one won it (as such).

I just gave my car as an example, even then I got it wrong as it's 18k miles over the last 2 years!! But it has covered 4k miles since June 10th.

I still have the award and it anyone would like to stake a claim on it. Send me your mileage by Japshow Finale and I'll get the award to you.

I'll need to know the mileage (and dates) at the MOT in 2010, 2011, 2012 and what it is at now.

The one that has the highest average mileage over the last 12 months or so will win.

I found out about this about a month after i bought my gen 6 and had started mending things, then realised the MOT for the car done in the october had no advisories yet the previous MOT FAIL in the MARCH had a list as long as my arm and funny enough it was all the things my mechanic said where still wrong with it, he suggested reporting the garage that MOT'd my car to VOSA, instead I paid the previous owner a visit with the info I had and told him to cough back some cash or I would report his budy :thumbs:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.