engine management light :(

wide boy

so guys and gals im having a slight issue with that stupid little light we all hate to see on are dashboards no not the petrol allthough i do have that as well haha;). im talking about that engine management light.

so guys iv got an obd stick and it poped up saying system 1 bank 1 running lean any ideas guys on how i can sort this its driving me mad its all well and good turning the damn thing off but it keeps coming back :(

Ill have a go at cleaning the maff i think i need a new hose for the air box aswell

And i know this is a bit off topic but i seem to be losing water out of the rad but cant see any water leaks on the pipes anywhere :(

Ill have a go at cleaning the maff i think i need a new hose for the air box aswell

And i know this is a bit off topic but i seem to be losing water out of the rad but cant see any water leaks on the pipes anywhere :(

Could be an airlock in the cooling system mate, but most likely the rad is shot. 99% of the time they go at the lower left corner (facing car) Whip the under plastics off on that side & have a gander, if there's coolant pissed all over the sump then it's the rad.

bank 1 and 2 sensors are usually the sensors in the exhaust, do you have a code to go with the above?

It has been said over the last few weeks that the exhaust sensors are serviceable items and will need changing around 60k - 80k miles

As for loosing coolant could be the waterpump, but as Joe said usually a hole in the bottom corner of the rad where it's rotted away

Edited by armoredfist2002

Bad news this. Yep rads are prone to fail on these. Been there done that & know plenty of others have.

As for the O2 sensors, yep it is advised by many in the industry Bosch, febi & others that they should be changed between 60k-80k as said above. Basically the sensor degrades or ages if you prefer over time due to the environment that it lives in.

Sensors are usually aroud £60

Water pump I paid £48 for mine from a mechanic round the corner from where I work, you can get the same one on ebay now for about £38, not too bad a job too do yourself.

Radiator is a bit more of a pain to do, these are around £150

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.