Would a ct26 turbo...........

Dan23

Br ok on my 3s-ge? Planning to do a low pressure turbo conversion on my car, something iv planned for years and this time I'm gonna try and go ahead with it. Seen on eBay I can get a ct26 for quite good money on eBay but as I don't really want me than about 220bhp as I don't want to mess about with the insides too much is it going to be an ideal turbo to use?

Starting mine on a 3sfe in about a months time (mot first) , would be cool if someone else is trying it as well! Not sure what you have looked up but there is a ton of info on turboing 5sfe engines. Bought a ct26 plus have been picking everything else I need over the last 6 months or so.

Edit: do a search , good thread where Jeff goes through what is needed for both 3sfe and 3sge :)

Edited by digs

B a 205 conversion would be easier but it will cost more in the ling run and I might as well just go down the buying a GT4 but I wanna be different and make a project where at the end I can say I did that, I didn't just buy it out of a pre tinned product

I have put a lot of thought into doing it, I was tempted last time I had a Celica but that turned into a dog of a car so I didn't bother, now it seems I have a pretty decent Celica (touch wood) and the Celica is only a second car then I'm thinking why the hell not.

Just wanted to see if it's worth getting the ct26 as I don't want to run high boost, probably not a lot more than 10psi

Edited by Dan23

B a 205 conversion would be easier but it will cost more in the ling run and I might as well just go down the buying a GT4 but I wanna be different and make a project where at the end I can say I did that, I didn't just buy it out of a pre tinned product

+100 on that, exactly why I am doing it :)

For mine ct26 I think will run at 5 psi to start, low boost but good to see what it does. 3sfe seems to be ok to 7 or 8, 3sge more ? Be interesting to hear what you find out.

Edit: I got my ct26 plus intercooler for £100, do eBay one looking good!

Edited by digs

Well jay (funkysr) I think if memory servese well when he boosted his 7a-fe he had his at about 9Psi on a t25 set up which sore him iirc 170ish bhp and I don't think his engine let go because of that either and his engine had like 220,000 miles on the clock

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.