My tyres

Hoody

Well over the last 2 years I have been running on 205/45/17 and they have been fine, I now need 2 new tyres but I was thinking of moving the 205/45/17 from the back to the front then getting 215/45/17 on the back. Now I've heard a lot of people say it will mess up the sensors or something so it has made me hold off. Can 10mm extra really mess it up as its the width and not the rolling distance.

Been looking online at tyres and when I put my reg in it says my car should have 215/45/17 so if I do get them on the back of the car surly it won't mess it up if it's surpose to have them?

Sorry to sound stupid I just want to make sure I get the right size

Kev16v has this set up with no problems.

There is a slight difference in rolling distance as the 45 is a percentage of the width, so the height of the sidewall will be 45% of 215 rather than 45% of 205.

As I have a 140, I don't have TRC and VSC though, and that could be a problem with different tyre sizes on a face lift TS or GT.

For the record, I have 215/40 front, 215/45 rear.

The on-line tyre size is incorrect, 205/45 was the size fitted to all Gen 7's with 17" Rims.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.