Mileage question

Or at the back of your service book there should be a page for speedo change, this is intended when a new speedo is fitted and you write the mileage down at the time.

You could write the mileage your speedo had at last trip and the mileage the new one started at so the Maths can then be calculated if needed.

Don't think I have service book, but I do have an email from Toyota with all the service history that was recorded with them. You think I should ring them and get them to record it aswell as document it myself?

I wouldn't really like to just have it wrote down, doesn't really prove anything lol. Try find some clocks with relevantly the same mileage? A few higher or lower will just mean you gained or lost miles over night - result if loss!

It might be worth getting hold of a service book from your local dealer and post it to each dealer and ask them to stamp the relevant section and if it has been serviced at a local garage to you call in for a stamp then fill in the speedo section.

Toyota GB may not be to incline to registering a second hand speedo mileage.

Sounds like a ball ache :(

Will see what the mileage is when it arrives and if it's not too far out I won't bother to do anything. if it is showing a lot lower than what it should be I'll have dated photos to add to my documents.

Thanks for the advice though guys :)

Sounds like a ball ache :(

Will see what the mileage is when it arrives and if it's not too far out I won't bother to do anything. if it is showing a lot lower than what it should be I'll have dated photos to add to my documents.

Thanks for the advice though guys :)

Just thinking an actual service book aids a sale at a sale at a later date.

Lol Liam, becoming a daily motto now :)

Very true Andy I couldn't agree more but tbh it's on like 115k now and I sure as hell ain't done with it yet. If and when I do come to sell up there is a high chance it'll be broken for spares anyway as the mileage will put most, if not all off anyway.

Again appreciate the advice matey :)

Don't think I have service book, but I do have an email from Toyota with all the service history that was recorded with them. You think I should ring them and get them to record it aswell as document it myself?

sorry for hijacking your thread but how did you manage to get an email from Toyota detailing the service history? my service book has gone walk abouts but it was showing full toyota service history so would be useful to have this backed up

Lol Liam, becoming a daily motto now :)

Very true Andy I couldn't agree more but tbh it's on like 115k now and I sure as hell ain't done with it yet. If and when I do come to sell up there is a high chance it'll be broken for spares anyway as the mileage will put most, if not all off anyway.

Again appreciate the advice matey :)

Well if thats the case this thread is redundant :lol: your frigging keeping it till it fooking dies why would you give a shit about the ODO display? ;) just keep an eye on the corners ahead pal :D

sorry for hijacking your thread but how did you manage to get an email from Toyota detailing the service history? my service book has gone walk abouts but it was showing full toyota service history so would be useful to have this backed up

I rang up to see if my car was part of the recall for lift bolts or see if they had been done at any point and then asked about my service history. So she removed any information about the previous owners (for data protection purposes) and then posted to me :)

Well if thats the case this thread is redundant :lol: your frigging keeping it till it fooking dies why would you give a shit about the ODO display? ;) just keep an eye on the corners ahead pal :D

Wasn't sure in case of legal reasons dude, the plan is to keep her until she dies, but then who ever follows a plan to the letter :lol: I change my mind so often it could be for sale next week for all i know :lol:

Edited by TMOUSSE

So she removed any information about the previous owners (for data protection purposes) and then posted to me :)

This makes me laugh, we all have to abide by "Data protection" laws but the DVLA have the previous owner on your V5 and for a sum of £20 they will sell details of any owner including their present address by giving them just the reg number.

I rang up to see if my car was part of the recall for lift bolts or see if they had been done at any point and then asked about my service history. So she removed any information about the previous owners (for data protection purposes) and then posted to me :)

result! might have to pay my local Mr T a visit!

Edited by jamespheely

This makes me laugh, we all have to abide by "Data protection" laws but the DVLA have the previous owner on your V5 and for a sum of £20 they will sell details of any owner including their present address by giving them just the reg number.

Yeh I think she mentioned that on the phone, I seem to remember her saying she was removing the data about the exchange of private plates from the celica to his new car.

ive done the same to my old clocks. fried the display board when trying to change the led,s . i got some new clocks that had 166k on lol mine at the time was 107k. i just got my local garage were all my work and mot,s gets done to stamp the service book with the correct millage of the car and the new millage displayed buy new speedo saying speedo change all stamped dated and signed. as i looked into millage correction, and so i was told they cant change the gen 7 celica, toyota have made them anti-tamper proof, and was told this buy 3 different companys. so your best bet is to get some sort of reciept or service book stamped stateting what has been done with correct millage and new millage.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.