New car choices

Im getting my celica ready to be sold, I'm going to finish the list of jobs I have for it and then moved on. It's been awesome but im needing an upgrade

I do have 2 boys at the moment so it still needs to have back seats unfortunately

I've got a few I'm looking at but just wondered what people opinions would be on either

Gen6 GT4

Gen7 190 vvtli

Supra aerotop

I'd be trying to look at UK ones but I know they're harder to come by

Thoughts?

Hey mate i have got a gen 6 gt4 by for the best car i have owned.has never let me down in the couple of years i have had it. They are good fun and nice to see a clean ones on the road. The gen 7s are nice aswell.had a 04 plate 190 celica and also had corolla but the gen 6 still wins.

Really like supras but trying to get a good one and would have to be the turbo are hard to find for the money.

bias= GT4

Also love supras, but for my budget that would only have got me an N/A (which is still good) or a TT auto at a push. Not a fan of auto's, although the supra is known to be a very good strong box.

Aero tops only came in auto i think?

Either way, gt4 or Supra, they are going to be fairly heavy on petrol compared to your previous, and maintainence is quite costly on the four if its not been cared for. I imagine Supras have some fairly costly bits too.

I like the gen7's although the i'm not 100% on the shape. the GT looks good, and being newer hopefully it'll be less problems

depends on your budget

The aeros afaik only had autos yeh

Im leaning towards a faff then, I had a trawl through pistonheads last night and there were only a handful of other things I'd look at but way to expensive right now

Anyone have an opinion on joing http://www.gt4oc.net/ to see what they've got for sale on there? Is it as friendly as this place?

Thanks for the input anyway guys, always appricieated

I am a member of gt4oc.Great site to be on if you have any questions always get a answer and plenty of how to guides.

There is a guide on it what to look for when buying a gt4 have a read of that before go and see any.

Id be personally put off by the Supra as aerotops are usually auto so for me not being able to change gear would diminish the fun factor plus more of a posing car than a drivers car imo.

There are some cracking gen 7 on here now especially those who have gone the SC route.

With a GT4 you MUST buy a good one - dont rush in and ideally get it checked by local members if you can - buy a dog and it will bite you but buy a good one and it will give lots of smiles per mile

IMO its not worth spending £20 to join the OC when better tech knowledge and advice is available for free on the GT4DC - however ill agree it has some of the better cars on sale but most are on pistonheads anyway

Its not the busiest of clubs but its free there are no politics or bitching and its very freindly.

Plus the better staff members on the OC - gary st165 - are DC members too

Edited by johnyboy1976

IMO its not worth spending £20 to join the OC when better tech knowledge and advice is available for free on the GT4DC - however ill agree it has some of the better cars on sale but most are on pistonheads anyway

The GT4OC is well worth joining......despite your dipleasure/hatred at the place...which I fully understand...its still a good source of knowledge. The DC is also good if you want to get very technical.

I also put the "What to look out for when buying a GT4" on here somewhere.

Edited by Insanity-74

Contemplating a change myself. Dunno what I fancy though. Had contemplated a bug-eyed STI but know I'd only end up fannying about with it just as much as I do the Celica. Trouble is there's not a lot out there that I'd be happy with as stock (or close to). Sorry to thread jack a little but would anyone add anything to the suggested cars list?

Budget no more than £6k

I used to put more effort into the OC than i did into other more important things in my life so for me to have my current mindset it took a lot - that your aware of.

Ive made some amazing friends over on that site and i still see a lot today however i stand by my viewpoint that when other clubs charge nothing the oc imo fails to justify its membership fee - they complain that they have a surpluss of funds yet are loath to spend them and then they implement more money making schemes by charging people to sell stuff and the money goes to "charity".

Its improved since certain members of staff who i dont have to mention left the staff but there are still far too many wasters on the staff who do nothing.

Gary puts everything into his role and Bodhi and Graham do a good job but other than martin who is tech advisor what do the staff do ??

Sorry this is in your thread mate - ill not mention any more of this

I think I would have to add the Nissan 200sx S14A, Contemplating chucking in my Gen7 for one of these. Great fun cars and very cheap to mod and replace the parts. Can easily see 300 BHP out of an intercooler and a stage 2 map on the standard block

They are mint motors, or I think so anyway hehe, its simply the cost of mods for them, they are so cheap it would make you sick when you compare them to the mod prices for a Gen 7 lol

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.