castrol magnatec 4L £17.50

Yeah it is cheaper there but the nearest store to me is like 25 miles away and halfords is local. As much as I don't like using them, they win this time :)

in that case u done right!

Lucky for me eurocarparts is just up the road from work :-)

Good to know. I didn't realise they do free delivery. I got the oil already but need few more bits for the service so that might save me a few quid.

if u just bought it...just go back and say u bought the wrong oil...

Even accept a store voucher if u hav to..

Good to know. I didn't realise they do free delivery. I got the oil already but need few more bits for the service so that might save me a few quid.

if u just bought it...just go back and say u bought the wrong oil...

Even accept a store voucher if u hav to..

On the Magnatec which one should we be using, I just generally bought the 5W-30 for petrol engines without looking and seems I have always ended up with the A1. On hotukdeals I saw this (below) and just wondered which would be the the correct one. A3??

ACEA

This is the European equivalent of API (US) and is more specific in what the performance of the oil actually is. A = Petrol, B = Diesel and C = Catalyst compatible or low SAPS (Sulphated Ash, Phosphorus and Sulphur).

Unlike API the ACEA specs are split into performance/application catagories as follows:

A1 Fuel economy petrol

A2 Standard performance level (now obsolete)

A3 High performance and/or extended drain

A4 Reserved for future use in certain direct injection engines

A5 Combines A1 fuel economy with A3 performance

B1 Fuel economy diesel

B2 Standard performance level (now obsolete)

B3 High performance and/or extended drain

B4 For direct injection car diesel engines

B5 Combines B1 fuel economy with B3/B4 performance

C1-04 Petrol and Light duty Diesel engines, based on A5/B5-04 low SAPS, two way catalyst compatible.

C2-04 Petrol and light duty Diesel engines, based on A5/B5-04 mid SAPS, two way catalyst compatible.

C3-04 Petrol and light duty Diesel engines, based on A5/B5-04 mid SAPS, two way catalyst compatible, Higher performance levels due to higher HTHS.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.