Resprays

kjp

Was just wandering what peoples experiences are with resprays... Mine's gonna need one in the coming months...

Who did people use, how much and ho did it go?

Am looking for as cheap as possible but wandering if it really is a case of you get what you pay for?

What can you really class as a 'cheap' spray?

It's all in the prep work. I used to spray cars/bikes/planes etc, and the more time we spent getting it ready the better. I once took 4 days prepping a set of bike panels, a bit excessive but it needed to be spot on. It's true you get what you pay for, £2000 should get you a decent respray in metalic. But £500 could get you the same in a solid colour, depends on how much time they spend on the little dinks etc.

You really do get what you pAy for...I know people that paint cars for £400 but it's a shit job! I had my old cars painted and for a standard silver I paid £1300 but it was a pretty mint job, few marks here and there but everything I had a problem with they sorted without a problem

You get what you pay for these days. Hunt around for a few prices and ask to see some of there previous work or stuff in progress what area are you from as someone may have a recommendation for you.

I am in buckinghamshire, I have found one called RoadRunner Paintwork that seems quite good who want about £900-£1000... Another local one quoted me £3000 to go the same color again so they are really not an option

But I am willing to travel if I know im gonna get a good deal somewhere else (travel within reason)

If I was going to have a respray, the only people I would trust with my Baby is RT Performance, they repaired my panel and done a cracking job!

Its worth dropping them a line :)

I'll look them up just now :) thanks

I paid £700 for a full respray apart from drivers door (Don't ask) and its absolutely spot on, ask any of the North East guys who seem my car before the respray and then after... Check my Mod topic too

Will check that out now too Thanks

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.