Supersonic sensors as extra

scorps1212

Right i've had a look at that diagram you sent to my email, planc, and where the diagram says the sensor should be, there's nothing. I've got my handbrake next to the drivers seat, then an ash tray next to that and behind them both is the junk compartment. Here's a picture to show you.

Was the diagram definitley for a gen 6 1997 GT?

And once again i gotta use photobucket cause it its too big to upload.

http://i334.photobucket.com/albums/m435/scorps1212/Maria/Image343.jpg

Can someone please tell me if there is definitely a sensor inside the car that sets the alarm off if a window breaks or someone's arm comes through an open window.

Ooooohhhhhhh. I see. So how will that pick up if anyone's inside the car without opening the door or boot? I thought there would have to be a sensor inside the car that set the alarm off when it detected someone inside it.

How does this sensor work then if its hidden dude?

Microwave's are basicly sent buzzing arround the cabin but when heat from the human body is detected this interupts the waves and sets the alarm off, this is considered better than ultra sonics due to the waves filling every space in the cabin.

Looks more like the solar sensor for the climate control to me.

No. The JDM cars with Climate Control have the solar sensor in that position, but JDM cars don't have alarms and UK cars don't have Climate Control.

If it's a UK car it's the ultrasonic sensor.

And I'm pretty sure that UK gen6s don't have microwave or any kind of radar.

If you haven't got the driver's handbook, the instructions for the alarm are here:

http://www.celica-club.co.uk/wiki/index.php/Gen6_facelift_alarm

Edited by silver gt

No. The JDM cars with Climate Control have the solar sensor in that position, but JDM cars don't have alarms and UK cars don't have Climate Control.

If it's a UK car it's the ultrasonic sensor.

And I'm pretty sure that UK gen6s don't have microwave or any kind of radar.

If you haven't got the driver's handbook, the instructions for the alarm are here:

http://www.celica-cl..._facelift_alarm

Ultrasonics usually work in pairs, one to send a signal and one to receive but if a moving object disturbs the signal then the alarm will activate.

The solar sensor is indeed for climate control but if not fitted Toyota usually fit a dummy plug to cover the hole.

If this car is a STD UK face lift with the factory fitted alarm with the remote as per your link the Radar sensor will be located near the handbrake lever under the centre console.

Just read the link you posted, silver, and im a dickhead. Everytime I've been arming the alarm, I've been double pressing the button thinking it was a more secure lock. But now I've learnt that double pressing it, deactivates the interior protection. Well from now on im only gunna press it once. Cheers for the link dude.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.