Erm HELP

sadlebag

Well my lead that connect my distributed to my coil has snapped and I need a new one to get home and I'm currently stranded in brighton. Phoned up mr t already and he can't get one till Wednesday. Bit of a long shot but has anyone got a spare one lying around in the Brighton area.

Thanks in advance :)

Gen 5 or gen 6 engine

Try taking the 2 bits to a motor factors (uni part etc) they may have a copy or one similar enough to get you home. NOt sure where you are in Brighton but heres a few i just found on the net for you try if you want.

Unipart

50 Ellen Street

Brighton and Hove, Hove

01273 779 973

Brighton Motor Factors

74 Saint George's Road

Brighton and Hove, Brighton

01273 699 626

Camberly Auto Factors

196 Old Shoreham Rd

Units 6 - 7, Hove, Sussex

01273 775488

Express car parts

8 Burrell Road

Haywards Heath

01444 457575

Should be possible to to a tempory repair by the roadside.

Most common breakage is that the lead pulling out of one of the crimp-on ends. If this is the case, just open up the end and remake. The lead is normally a carbon conductive core (black strands) surrounded by insulation. If necessary, srip the insulation further back to leave about 10mm of carbon sticking out which then folds back over the insulation and goes into the crimp.

If the wire has broken in the middle, get a short length of metal wire, staple, paperclip etc. and push half length into the centre core each side to bridge then wrap round with tape to stop it pulling apart. Keep the join away from wiring or metal as it will not be well insulated.

Alternatively, as above, a motor factor is likle to have ignition cable he can crimp your ends onto.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.