Help with seaching the site

Hello, i know im new and all that - and shouldn't really be poking my nose in.. but what i am trying to do is find information on the site to help me in buying the right Gen7

I've been trying to search for stuff like TRD and 205 etc, but the search returns no responces, is there something im doing wrong - or is there a method to which someone could use either google or shorter terms in the search?

thanks all

Rob

id like to know how a190 compares with a GT4, if the TRD model is worth hanging out for, how often the fig8's lower arms go on a JDM celica, if coil-overs are a nasty ride, what size wheels are preferable, what work is involved in converting the front 205 brakes to fit a gen7..

you did ask ;-)

I did :lol: so i'd better have a go.

There's no such model as a TRD Gen 7, the Sports M is rare, but not worth the extra asking price IMO.

I'd also avoid the JDM examples, loads of UK cars out there with a better spec. and no super strut concerns.

Coilovers are adjustable for ride, you have to justify if they're worth the cost though.

17" Wheels offer the best compromise between looks/performance/handling.

No idea on the 205-T23 brake question.

HTH :)

thanks for the replies, the reason im asking about the coil overs is that they change the ride significantly on a 205, making it hard and skitty (if thats a word). Some of the cars ive been looking at have the coilovers, so was i going to avoid them if they made the car uncomfortable.

I really like the power that the 205 has but rarely use it, so power isn't an absolute must.. so if the 190 is sufficient to work with id be happy.

I did have a look at the brake conversion but wondered whats involved, i had a quick read on newcelica and it doesnt appear to be too much work, but i wanted to clarify that. I have a number of 205 calipers and a set of black Diamond and TRD rotors spare.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.