Bootmobile looks in a bad way :(

arizona

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So , had a phonecall just now re valuation

Started with going through all the engineer had said and then told me their offer £1000

inside i thought hmmm thats more than i thought, but said no

"What sort of figure were you thinking madam?"

"Well to get another in that condition would need to be more like £1200"

"Well thats a bit more than we would want to pay but i'm not going to split hairs, we'll get you a cheque sent out for £1200 and arrange collection of the old one"

"Ah but the guy i spoke to before said you wouldnt want the old one back?"

"Well they can be bought back madam but we would have to adjust the payout to take that into consideration. It would be £880 and you keep the car?"

Quick think

Any stripping of the car was going to have to be done more or less in one day , meaning a load of work and none of the panels dint free plus landlord is going to want it out the car park and how quick would any bits go :shrug: i dont have a garage

Alternative take the £1200 and be done with it?

Told him yes send the cheque and arrange collection of car

Am happy with that :)

A sad end to the BootMobile... but you're quids in! :lol:

Now keep that sodding seatbelt on, eh?? Last thing I want is to crash into you two this weekend and find you curled up in my passenger footwell! :P

A sad end to the BootMobile... but you're quids in! :lol:

Now keep that sodding seatbelt on, eh?? Last thing I want is to crash into you two this weekend and find you curled up in my passenger footwell! :P

Yes tis a sad end, pleased with pay out as wasnt expecting more than £850/£900 max

Ha, dont be crashing into anyone in your beast this weekend, i dont want to see a grown man blubbing :D

keep the wheels and buy that white one we looked at :P;)

I've kept the wheels :D

Just had a chat with the garage, its ok but fair list of advisories from the recent mot - oil leak,exhaust,brake pipe corrosion,pads,tyre near limit, and not much of a history, also when questioned admitted it could probably so with a cambelt soon

"but its a great little car madam, probably last a year or two, and if you want to give us £1000 we'll gladly put 6 months tax on it for you"

that didnt really sell it to me :lol:

Edited by arizona

I've kept the wheels :D

Just had a chat with the garage, its ok but fair list of advisories from the recent mot - oil leak,exhaust,brake pipe corrosion,pads,tyre near limit, and not much of a history, also when questioned admitted it could probably so with a cambelt soon

"but its a great little car madam, probably last a year or two, and if you want to give us £1000 we'll gladly put 6 months tax on it for you"

that didnt really sell it to me :lol:

'Probably last a year or two' isn't ever going to sell it to you is it? I would have said that a Gen 5 that was in that condition would be half the price tbf (which would leave you a kitty for rainy days)

'Probably last a year or two' isn't ever going to sell it to you is it? I would have said that a Gen 5 that was in that condition would be half the price tbf (which would leave you a kitty for rainy days)

my thoughts exactly, top marks to the salesman there :lol:

i want my wheels back...

you didnt like them............................ :sofa:

well there aint to many gen5`s that dont have an oil leak normally the rocker cover gasket so should be an easy fix exshaust you can get off ebay cheap like i did mine ebc unltimax pads £20 for front and rear off ebay tyre just put your other wheels on just not sure about the break pipe and depeneds on the corrsion part :D

well there aint to many gen5`s that dont have an oil leak normally the rocker cover gasket so should be an easy fix exshaust you can get off ebay cheap like i did mine ebc unltimax pads £20 for front and rear off ebay tyre just put your other wheels on just not sure about the break pipe and depeneds on the corrsion part :D

yeah that wasnt so bad, but then when he said needed cambelt it kind of all added up to a bit much for the money, or am i wrong?

Its not really a case of repairing it or costs, its more about 'why pay over the odds for a car that needs work'.

If you don't mind an import, this ones not a bad price for one that probably needs tidying a little

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1992-TOYOTA-CELICA-GT-R-4WS-BLACK-/330672245789?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item4cfd9a0c1d#ht_500wt_1202

really depends on when it was last done but you could always have a word with beks about changing it hes pretty good with things like that :D plus if thats the case you could try knocking him down on the price aswell

Edited by carlasumm

really depends on when it was last done but you could always have a word with beks about changing it hes pretty good with things like that :D plus if thats the case you could try knocking him down on the price aswell

Its had its first change and thats it. I might keep an eye on it , have a think and try dropping him right down on the price if he's still got it in a couple of weeks

£1200 !!!! just going to drive into a tree :D

sad way for the infamous bootmobile to go but you are still in one piece and with a bob or two in your back pocket , good luck in the hunt for the bootmobile II

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.