Marine fuel hose

craig87

When it comes to the compatibility of rubbers with fuels, intuition is not always a good guide. Who would have expected that too much bio-diesel in diesel or ethanol in petrol in ordinary fuel could have the really bad effects on some rubbers which it has? Seeing as the hose will not be permanently wetted, I suspect you could get away with it. Personally, I'd rather have the right material; is the issue cost or availability?

I'd like some fuel hose from my filler on my boot fuel tank to the flush filler on the outside (approx 30cm) and it seems easier to have 1 bendy 52mm ID marine fuel pipe than some 'proper' silicone fuel hose and joiners and angles needed etc as I can't see any with a bit of bendyness :)

I'm pretty sure the difference is to do with pressure and that marine engines aren't pressurised fuel tanks so pipe doesn't need testing under this circumstance. Whereas car fuel tank is pressurised.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.