Car advice needed possible gen 6

james v

If anybody read my thread sadly i had to get rid of my gen7 for needing the money and got a cheap ford puma 1.7 for £880.

No comparison but for the money a good little car.

Now my girlfriends car has blown up and money is really tight.

My friend has offered me his Ford cougar v6 in gd nick for £400. I have no idea what there like but it does seem a bargain. But im temped to streatch the budget if i can and get a gen6 gt.

Whats the GT like. Does it have more low down power than the gen7 and what is it generally like.

Equally if anyone has experience with the cougar any info on the engine drivability and handling of the car would be great.

Thanks guys. This is truly a place for great advice

weird.

I got out of a gen 4 GT4 for cash reasons, got a puma, loved it, but it wasn't a Celica, got a gen 6 GT and today sold my puma for £865...

I did look at the cougar, but..

Engine issues, they drink a fair bit of oil, and the fact that they dont hold any value at all put me off. The one I sat in also had pretty poor build quality too.

Not driven a gen 7, but my gen 6 does like a fair bit of revs before going. compared to the puma, which is short geared and nippy but runs outa puff high up the speed range the gen 6 is the opposite.

My gen 6 is totally stock at present, its a little crashy on the ride, brakes strongly, it grips well although its harder to play with the car on the throttle in the corners, stock anyway, its a very safe but maybe lacking in total fun factor chassis set up.

Engine is great top end, it gathers speed well with its longer ratios, I like the interior although its a bit black. great driving position, decent space inside. I am doing around 28mpg at present, but thats due to blow on the exhaust, I expect that to rise to early 30s for urban driving once all sorted.

hth,

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.