Mobile Welder in Surrey

craig87

Can anyone help?

I need someone competent with welding who owns a portable welder to help weld a steel box into a cutout in my boot which will eventually hold a ful tank.

A pro mobile welder quoted £250 which is extortionate considering its about 2 hours work!!!

I live in Walton on Thames.

Scott thanks for the offer but that's the problem, the car isn't drivable until the welding is done :( TBH I know someone with a portable welder, it's not a beast but should be fine for welding 2mm sheet so I'm guna give it a go. I have welded before when I was about 17 on a work placement and I did my seat runners which are still going so it shouldn't be beyond me, I'm just crap at setting the thing up lol!!!

Can anyone help?

I need someone competent with welding who owns a portable welder to help weld a steel box into a cutout in my boot which will eventually hold a ful tank.

A pro mobile welder quoted £250 which is extortionate considering its about 2 hours work!!!

I live in Walton on Thames.

Ask around your local area...I wanted some alloy welding done once....most welders wanted £50 an inch or there abouts...went and found a guy who worked at an industrial welders welding oil rig parts but was a car nut......did all the welding for £5 and a few cans of Stella.

Wen welding if it feels to push u away from wot ur welding turn the wire feed down until u get an easy crackle. and the weld seems soak into the pieces welded :) but not so slow that it fizzies up and drips away (means its too hot ) .

Also on the welder if its got model numbers like 140 turn the power to about halfway or less. that number usually means amps it can do so aim for about 40-45amps

try make the edges to be joined as close as possible if not closed up . It should penetrate through and look clean with it being thin metal

If ya can get some stuff the same thickness and buzz over that so u can see the heat absorption B) Wen its yellow stop and let it cool .

or turn the power down if ya cant move quick enough :)

Comfort is the key :)

Hth and good luck

P.s all this is assuming its a mig welder . If ur using stick on a car gooood luck ull need it :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.