Battery Death!

Smudger87

Hey guys and gals. My Celica is not a happy puppy at the minute, if I don't start her every day her battery dies!

I had a new sound system installed by a company in Newcastle a couple of months ago. New head unit, amp, sub, new door speakers. When the sound system is on, even at 0 volume there is some kind of high pitched static / interferance coming through the speakers. When I press the accelerator the interferance gets louder. It's also completely draining my battery dry. I'll be looking to get a bigger battery to cope with the power of the sound system because obviously the battery isn't designed to take all that strain.

It's the interferance noise that's puzzling me though. Does anyone know what it might be and what I can do about it?

Cheers! :)

Was the interference there from the day that the newcastle company put it in ?

If so take it back to them

Sounds as though you have either a dodgy earth or maybe a pinched live wire which is bleeding your battery dry?

Was the interference there from the day that the newcastle company put it in ?

If so take it back to them

Sounds as though you have either a dodgy earth or maybe a pinched live wire which is bleeding your battery dry?

Yeah it was there from the day they put it in. I'll give them a ring tomorrow, cheers mate.

Yeah it was there from the day they put it in. I'll give them a ring tomorrow, cheers mate.

No problem mate

They have definitely installed it wrongly

Wasn't bloody halfrauds was it ? :)

The noise will be ignition and injection interference picked up by your now more sensitive sound system, the company should have addressed this problem. In the old days you changed your spark plugs for a higher resistance plug but most interference is caused by electronic engine management systems. Dorris

The fuzz noise is interference from the wires. The signal needs to run down the other side of the car to the power otherwise you'll get the electrical interference.

It shouldnt have drained your battery either, what is the remote wire connected to? Is it taking constant live power? The remote should go on a switch or something like your cig lighter to come on with the ignition.

Smudger do me a favour pal drop me a PM of the company you used, what you got done and how much they charged you for the pleasure, please?

Thanks mate.

P.S. I forgot to reply to your other topic, you're only 24 and already had a DC5 and now a GT? Personally can't believe you sold the DC5 but holy crap they are 2 nice cars to have before you're even 25!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.