time to make a choice

time has come to move on from my gt,which is a shame :( so whats next....

well its either a gt4 or a new gen 7 gt,i do 15k miles a year (roughly) so i really dont know what to go for,but once ive made the choice thats it,the cars gotta last me at least 3 years

been doing pros and cons on both cars but still cant decide,just wondered what your views are,alot gt4s people do work there self which is great,i wish i could but only know certain things so thats not a option for me,so if it does go tits up i have that to think about as well.

My heart would tell you to go with the GT4,but it would have to be a real good one if youre doing 15k a year and youre not doing a lot of work on it yourself..lot of expensive wear and tear if things go wrong plus petrol....saying that,though the gen7 may seem a sensible choice on paper you'd have to leave lift alone and be a bit sensible .Same with the faff though,boost is addictive... :unsure: Depends on your earnings really mate,if you can sensibly afford to run a turbo car without it screwing you the moment something needs doing(like most cars TBH) id say go for the GT4.Rev3 3SGTE is a cracking lump and the 6 is the best built of the gens lets be honest.Whats the budget ?If you can afford a real good example GT4 ,and putting miles on the clock doesnt bother you then you might regret not buying one...

Never had a gen7 so cant really comment,had 2 faffs did 18000 mls in the 1st one in 12 months,3 x oil changes 3 x sets plugs,2 x bottom arms,no other problems,my current one I have done 8000 mls in a year 2 x oil changes plugs & leads,clutch went after I had done 1000 mls ( bummer) choose one wisely and you will not be disappointed,just been to Heathrow & back after not driving it for 3 weeks and boy does it put a smile on your face,as Derren said drive a decent one before you make a decision also drive a gen 7 see which you could live with,I know which one I could not live without !!!!

I've done 60k miles in my 190 over the past few years and only had to maintain it's servicing. Been quite a cheap car as well. Returns 32mpg in commuting traffic and 37mpg on long runs. That's with liberal lift usage as well. If you want reliability and affordability the gen 7 is there.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.