Buying a car without full V5

he said he never recieved it and hasnt reapplied for the V5 cert... ive sold a car like this before so you know......

i done an HPI check its clear and has about a month and a half of tax left aswell as far as im aware it would be a case of sending away a V62 i thnk thats the right number and asking for a new one which he has said he will take off the price of the car

any suggestions

sounds like your going to end up paying out 30 quid for a logbook

a logbook is NOT proof of ownership , it is a bit of paper used to CHANGE ownership only , if lost ya have to buy another 1 , it doesnt mean the person whos named on the logbook is the owner at all but only at some point hes listed himself as responsible for the car

the green new owner strip is a waste of time , it can be used to re-tax the car

do yourself a favour and spend 10 quid making sure the cars not nicked or has outstanding finance on it before buying

fill in form from post office, send it with 25 notes and you have log book book in 14 days, o if you go to dvla you have it in 2 days, i have brought and sold cars without log books, as long as you do hpi check all be ok

fill in form from post office, send it with 25 notes and you have log book book in 14 days, o if you go to dvla you have it in 2 days, i have brought and sold cars without log books, as long as you do hpi check all be ok

and now you can do it online to, longs you got c/card or debit card,

I thought it was illegal to sell a car without the V5?

If it's so easy to get a replacement document, why doesn't the seller get one? What's he got to hide?

I wouldn't touch it with a bargepole.

i think i does say on ad he not had it back yet, but he got the green part, so by look he not had it long, it is one the down sides, or is he just passing it on???????

i think i does say on ad he not had it back yet, but he got the green part, so by look he not had it long, it is one the down sides, or is he just passing it on???????

i sold my red hyundai that way it was genuine as it meant it skipped an owner

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.