Coil Compression Clamps

RoryK

I used ones similar to the halford ones when i fitted my Apex springs and to be honest they were that much of a pain that i wouldnt even bother next time. Take the whole strut out tie a piece of rope or strap round the spring while you release the nut on top and slowly release the rope, when fitting again if yuo can force it down enough to get get the nut started on the thread with your own weight geeat or alternativly (or what i did) use the weight of the car but fitting them in and then put the nut on, one its started just take them out again and tighten adn torqu up the nut, job done.

I used ones similar to the halford ones when i fitted my Apex springs and to be honest they were that much of a pain that i wouldnt even bother next time. Take the whole strut out tie a piece of rope or strap round the spring while you release the nut on top and slowly release the rope, when fitting again if yuo can force it down enough to get get the nut started on the thread with your own weight geeat or alternativly (or what i did) use the weight of the car but fitting them in and then put the nut on, one its started just take them out again and tighten adn torqu up the nut, job done.

Hmmm, slightly cowboy!!! but works. i have a set from halfords, used em a few times over the years. one clamp on each side of the spring tightening a few times each side as you go to keep it even. no problems. cheap as chips and one of those tools that will always come in usefull over the years!!

Hmm, thanks guys, I think ill take the risk and use the Halfords ones, I am also fitting Apexi springs but they have already been bedded in by SHMotorsport as he has upgraded to coilies, so my thinking is they wont be as much of a pain to compress and get on ?

Edited by RoryK

Hmmm, slightly cowboy!!! but works. i have a set from halfords, used em a few times over the years. one clamp on each side of the spring tightening a few times each side as you go to keep it even. no problems. cheap as chips and one of those tools that will always come in usefull over the years!!

Yes a bit cowboy but was quicker that way than it was messing around with the clamps, tried first one that way :lol:

You should be ok, used these exact ones on a Hilux Surf with 2" risers the other week, worked ok (and I needed a lot of reduction on that one!!!) for car use they are fine for the money in my opinion.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.