Dealer/Garage Service

I recieved a letter through the door yesterday from Vic Youngs, a Nissan Dealer where I live where I bought my Gen 7 from.

About my car is due a service, price of £144. I've had the car almost a year now.

I recently had a free heealth check done there and all came back perfect, for a 9 year old car anyways.

I think my cars on 56-57,000 miles. Its running sweet never had any problems with it.

I'm going to check the servie book on my break which has list of full service history.

Should I get the service done, or wait until I hit 60,000 miles and get service done then, or do my own service?

your thoughts please.

I've done 5,000 miles so far.

I just really cannot afford the £144 quid right noiw and TBH I have family members who can service the car for/with me, exactly the same as a garage will, for no charge and added bonus I gain more knowledge :)

Whatever else you do, keep the oil and oil filter in spec. Most people on here are changing the oil more frequently than the Toyota recommendation. Your Gen7 is 9 years old; could that still be a pre-facelift, as then the oil is even more impoprtant.

Mines a 03' Facelift and regular checks to the oil show no signs of me losing any as described in pre-facelifts.

Fully Synth was used in all previous services, all receipts are in the book, last service was a year ago, and every year b4 that... by the same garage which is only down the road from me :)

Wow, wish mine was that. Toyota phoned me this afternoon and said they wanted 600 quid for the 'Big Service' but when I asked them what it included she told me it needed new plugs, oil, air filter, oil filter, washer fluid, break checked and visual check, and the best bit is she tried convincing me the 2zzge was belt driven. I also told her I do 90% of the work needed to be done on the car so really just need an a mechanic to give it a quick check over and stamp the book.. to do this they still wanted 200 quid.. so told them to stick it and ill stamp it myself lol.

I have a feeling these places like to rob people blind!

Mine is also @ 56-57k miles 05 plate tho but im just gonna wait until 60k and figure out how to get the book stamped without paying someone 600 quid I can do myself for alot less money

Edited by RoryK

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.