what wax for the car

Goodz

ive just purchased a scary looking silverline polisher

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Silverline-Silverstorm%C2%AE-129659-Sander-Polisher/dp/B0021L95WA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=diy&qid=1307736408&sr=8-1

got some meguiars pads and polish for that

any suggestions for the best wax to use on the car after ive finished getting it all wonderful looking

as a side note can i use the polisher to apply the wax to the car?

Be very very careful that you don't burn through the paint

With it!

What colour is your car?

Auto glym HD wax is a very good long lasting wax

But if you wanna do a proper job use a glaze before u wax or glaze,sealent then wax on top

HTH

Oh don't use the sander to apply the wax

getting scrap panel for the yard before i'm going near my car :)

colour is facelift blue - (lagoon? cant remember as ive had bottle of wine now lol)

havent really looked at wax etc before, whats a glaze?

looked at some vids on the old you tube and wont be using the machine to wax the car :D

Same polisher I have and a lot of people have the wrong view about rotaries that they are scary and will burn through the paint at first look. As long as you do not rush, take your time and get reading the guides on detailing world you will do well

As for what wax to use, it is all down to personal preference, I have tried a hell of a lot of waxes and will try more in the future. It all depends on your price range really

well the hd wax at £30 is at the top of the budget but in it just lol

would i better with the hd wax rather than the turtlewax? wat are other options?

dodo juice wax imo is the better wax when compared to hd wax, you can currently get that for 25 a tub or could get a panel pot for 5 which can do a few coats of a car. The other option I could offer is for durability and also a deep wet look you could go for harly wax which is my winter choice, couple of coats and it lasts for months!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.