Car Polisher

I use a rotary polisher, it all depends on which you get and making sure you get the right pads and practice on a scrap panel before touching your paint!

hmm rotary looks a little expensive and more than Im after i think.

Im really only after somthing that is goona make polishing easier and give a good shine to the car

I have my suspicions about ones that looks this

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_189810_langId_-1_categoryId_165640

sugestions?

it'll save your arms but won't give you the finish with what others have suggested above

and tbh these are known to burn out, though I have one myself and it's been fine, all in all like I say you won't be left with aching arms but you won't be left with a finish that's anything special

You kind get what you pay for, Have you looked at the DAS6 Kestrel polishers ? I know you said its expensive but if you want to take the machine route it really is worth doing it properly.

Have you checked outDetailing Worldthere are so many brilliant guides and reviews and the forum is very helpful and friendly too!

Them halfords things are crap, I wouldn't bother. You can get a silverline rotary for about 45 quid, I've had one about 3 years now and it's still going strong.

/\ /\ As he says, Silverline rotary if you were to jump in at the deep end!

That from halfrauds is pathetic and will only be as good as your hand for example

Here is a 50/50 on my astral black Gen 6 when using the rotary, poor picture but you get the idea, left is unpolished!:

DSCN0905.jpg

hmmm those silverline ones appear to be in budget, look a bit scary though lol

if i get a soft pad how likely am i to make a mess of my paintwork on my first attempt?

if you are worried about burning your paint with a rotary .

just spend a little more and get a decent branded dual action polisher

ive had a couple of the top name ones and by far for ease of use and resultant shine

the maguires da polisher is the best bet for results and ease of use :D

Edited by spotv6

It will all depend on how fast you want it done, as rotaries will do the job quicker!

Your best bet is getting a scrap bonnet from scrap yard and check the threads on detailing world, in fact there are always polishers going second hand on DW

I've used one of those cheapy polishers as I was given it for Christmas one year. Used it once, never again as it was crap. So much vibration you end up with white finger after a while, thankfully not permanent.

I have a porter cable dual action one that is the dogs danglies. Yes they are expensive, but they are worth it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.