SS3 Brakes

Hi guys,

Now from what I can see, I have the twin piston calpers on my SS3

I am in despo need of front pads, i dnt need anything too posh as i will be upgrading to GT4 brakes in the near future.

Plz Plz help, I have no idea what to look for coz all i seem to find on ebay are UK spec pads. Are they the same size?

Also does my SS3 have the same size discs as an SS2/GT

Your help is appreciated

Humayun

p.s. will ST185 front brakes fit my SS3 and will it be an improvement?

Edited by humayun

As far as I'm aware, your brakes themselves should be the same size and spec as UK GT brakes. The only difference is the twinpots themselves and how they mount to the hub, I believe. So standard GT discs and pads should fit quite cheerfully. :)

I can't see ST185 brakes giving any benefit as they'll be no larger than the ones you currently have fitted. It was only ST205s that were kitted with monster stoppers!

ST185 & ST182 (Facelift) front disc dimensions are, Diameter 277mm, Width 25mm, Height 47mm, Bore 54mm with a single piston sliding calliper.

ST205 front disc dimensions are, Diameter 315mm, Width 32mm, Height, 58mm, Bore 55mm with 4 piston opposing callipers.

As for mounting bolt dimensions I don’t have them to hand. Dorris

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.