Anyone in West Yorkshire...

Well when it rains it bloody pours!!! I have three bolts/screws on my car that have decided to snap or round themselves off at the same time, the saving grace is the car is still fully operational but i could do with sorting them out sooner rather than later.

Now I know i can drill them out but don't have the tools and have never done it before, so i'm now pleading to any kind members in my area who might be able to help.

One of the screws - the one that the qtr cirlce thing at the end of the throttle cable sits on - i can get out myself with pliers. the two that i will struggle with are a snapped bleed nipple on my rear n/s brake - the half that's still in there is at least keeping the brake fluid in - and one of the engine cover screws - the hex at the top has rounded off.

So please, please can anyone help at any point in the next month :D

Edited by Brinkz

come to mine i will help you remove them

i am on border though live at the edge of woodhead pass near holmfirth

up to you offers there if your interested

the bleed nipple can you not hammer a allen or torque socket in to the hole in the center????

Thank you Ant, if there's no-one closer then i'll be happy to take up the offer - although i was hoping to overhaul the brake caliper at the same time while it's off, but that's a quick enough job if everything goes to plan and you're happy for me to do it whilst i'm there?

As for hammering in an allen key or torque socket - given it's quite important that i get this right first time with the brakes i'd rather not chance it. Tried that with the engine cover bolt and it didn't work :(

when i changed my clutch one of the pressure plate torque bolts was seized and rounded a bit of persuasion using a hammer and a larger torque socket and it came out took 5-10mins of faffing but it worked

would have thought it would be even easier to get nipple out of caliper you don't even need to drill it it has the hole in it already. :lol:

plus if you leave it attached to the car the allen socket should hammer in easy

I have done this on a few occasions and it has always worked for me - Get a nut that fits over the snapped or rounded bolt and weld through the centre of the nut thus welding the nut to the snapped end of the bolt, the heat also help free up the ceased in section of the bolt. Just be careful not to weld the nut to anything apart from the snapped bolt end. Hope this may help with your problems.

Might be worth getting a second hand caliper and putting it on then give me your old one and I'll sort it out for you so your not off the road, also the rounded 10mm head rocker cover bolt might be in the need of a quality snap on socket that I may have in my tool box :thumbs:

Might be worth getting a second hand caliper and putting it on then give me your old one and I'll sort it out for you so your not off the road, also the rounded 10mm head rocker cover bolt might be in the need of a quality snap on socket that I may have in my tool box :thumbs:

Already tried for the 2nd hand caliper mate, but no avail unless i want to pay out £60 :(

Will certainly come and have the bolt removed - do you have any ideas how much a new one is?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.