electrical problem...

hi guys, i've had my car for 3 years now and never done anything about it but want to clear it up..... heres the problem, i have a jap import which as u know dont come with rear fogs, so he has wired them into the rear lights with a switch on the dashboard, now the problem lies in that the light in the cluster for tail-light fault remains constantly on, even tho theres no real problem there, is just showing a drain of some sort. now what i'd like to know is what can i add into the circuit to clear this problem, would it be some kind of resistor? into the circuit or something else?? and if you wondering i think he has cut into the cable for rear lights, for the power which is where the problem lies.... or any other solutions would be great help thanks....

I have the same setup and the same problem.

I have 5 brake lights, when I use the fogs 2 of these are borrowed and become the fog lights. This brings up a light on the dash which tells me Ive lost a brake light(or 2).

Most of the time its not a problem because I dont need the fogs very often, and when I do I know why the dash light's came on.

What I think we need to correct this is a resistor equal to a pair of 20w bulbs that switches into the rear brake light circuit when the fogs are used. Not thought about how to do that yet though.

same shit different day

with mine someone cut into a stop light to use as the fog so im running around with 2 bulbs lighting up on the right and just 1 on the left , i may as well write all coppers are wankers on the boot and be done with ! so ive reattached this cut into the middle stop light to become the fog light , the light is still lit on the dash but i intend to remove the bulb when i get round to it , cars managed 100 yrs without having a light on the dash so i recon ill just about survive

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.