Whats all the fuss about wrapping?

Not that carbon sicky tape stuff silly!

I wrapped my manifold Yesterday, easy peasy, just waiting for it all to fall off :) , could not do that 4th pipe, will try again next weekend......

By god does it stink for the first 50 miles of driving!

IMG00890-20110508-1727.jpg

IMG00890-20110508-1727.jpg

IMG00901-20110508-1758.jpg

Edited by bigstring

haha, itching to fook, sat with my hands in warm water for half hour, wet you say? Was I not meant to be told this when buyinh it? :( ball ache!

Will it be ok, shall I get the hose out and douse it, or start again?

I was lead to believe you soak it in water first which allows it to stretch slightly when putting it on, then when it dries out it contracts slightly over the manifold allowing it to create a tight seal

The water also helps to stop all the fibres getting onto your skin to stop the itching, but my arms still itched for days after sad.gif

Here is mine after the initial start up tongue.gif

DSC00002.jpg

DSC00005.jpg

ah I see, mine has a nice brown tinge to it now :lol:

I will order another 6m and go again, will leave it on there for now to see if there's much difference?

the wrap is ment to go into water i left mine for a hr take it out but before you touch it put talk powder over ur arma face/neck and hands what this does it blocks the pours which the fg tends to sit once fin take a cold shower or a cold flannel and slowly wipe and no itching after

I may have to try this, not only for the exhaust gas exiting and under bonnet temps ... simply to stop the manifold heat plate turning brown and having to respray it every month, that should work if you can actually touch the pipes after a 15 min drive dont you think ? :unsure:

I may have to try this, not only for the exhaust gas exiting and under bonnet temps ... simply to stop the manifold heat plate turning brown and having to respray it every month, that should work if you can actually touch the pipes after a 15 min drive dont you think ? :unsure:

One of the reasons for me was to do this was the HKS and the engine getting stupid hot, it also has dropped the temp on the gage by a notch or 2, also the manifold cover getting red hot and shafting the paint work! So painted it with hammeright red, 5 coats then with the toyota super red 2 - pic below resprayd after wrapping

IMG00902-20110508-1759.jpg

One of the reasons for me was to do this was the HKS and the engine getting stupid hot, it also has dropped the temp on the gage by a notch or 2, also the manifold cover getting red hot and shafting the paint work! So painted it with hammeright red, 5 coats then with the toyota super red 2 - pic below resprayd after wrapping

IMG00902-20110508-1759.jpg

Ive used Wilkinsons Multi surface Enamel Spray, which holds up quite well, and its an easy enough job to take the heat shield off once a month and re paint, cos it doesnt come off, just browns.

post-31736-0-77920000-1305026549_thumb.jpg

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.