In need of a car alarm

Now that more is being done to the car I'm in need of a good car alarm system. I would love to have remote start and something with a shock sensor. Don't really know too much about them so I could do with some good advice. :D Not really bothered about being able to pop the boot or put the windows down etc although I guess it would be pretty awesome lol.

Is it true Thatcham Approved systems lower car insurance?

Don't really want to spend too much as I have a lot going on and a lot coming up.

All advice is appreciated. :)

Kishan.

the viper system i have is nice. viper 480xv

it has a 2 way hand set on it so if you are range of the car you will get a beeping hand set if the car is broken into. also made by directed electronics so all the extra clifford stuff will plug straight in to it, remote start proximity sensor ect.

thatchams alarms dont really count for much these days to be fair. some insurance companies like them but i would not be buying one thinging its going to lower your insurance enough to ever pay for the alarm in the life of the car.

most insurance companies will only take trackers as a saftey feature to lower the insurance.

the viper i have i fitted myself and to be fair if you know the car, not the alarm i would say even with a 3 point immobiliser it would only take 15mins to disable it if wired the way the installation manual tells you to. not that you can get hold of the installation manual because its a cat 1 thatchams alarm, (took me about a month to get the hole manuals for all there alarms) yeah right. but if its wired up the way mine is then it will take at least an hour to get to the wires to disable it as its all up in the dash and you cant get to them. well i guess you could do it quicker with a disc cutter but then you would end up with no dash left.

so basically i woulds say get a good system or you will end up with faults all the time with the cheaper ones. paying about £300 is about right includding fitting.

diercted electronics do many systems and range in price.

andy

clifford with proximity , simply put you walk past it and it bleeps at you , i keep getting reports back of the neighbours of young hoodies checking out the mrs glanza V at 3 am , they tend to jump out of their skins when they look through a window and the alarm shouts at them

clifford with proximity , simply put you walk past it and it bleeps at you , i keep getting reports back of the neighbours of young hoodies checking out the mrs glanza V at 3 am , they tend to jump out of their skins when they look through a window and the alarm shouts at them

Sounds good, I wouldn't want it to get to the point where it's just irritating though lol. What's it like when she's in a car park etc?

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.