camber setting please help

atkin12

HI PEOPLE ABOUT 2 WEEKS AGO I FIT MY CAR WITH NEW COILOVERS (MEISTERR ) THEY ARE BETTER THAN WHAT I HAD WHICH WAS JUST LOWERING SPRINGS HANDLED GOOD JUST DIDNT LIKE ANY BUMBS IN THE ROADS....

I HAVE LEFT THE COILOVERS 2 WEEKS TO SETTLE DOWN AND JUST PUT FULL CAMBER ON WHICH IS A BIT BETTER HANDLING BUT SEEMS LIKE THE BACK END KEEPS WANTING TO STEP OUT I CAN HOLD IT (JUST) SO IS THIS BECAUSE OF THE FRONT CAMBER,,,,,,ME DRIVING TO FAST......OR DAMPER SETTING TOO STIFF ????????

ANY HELP WOULD BE ACE

THANKS PAUL :)

post-27321-0-12126300-1303990591_thumb.jpg

post-27321-0-61298400-1303990618_thumb.jpg

post-27321-0-40964100-1303990664_thumb.jpg

TURN YOUR CAPS OFF :rolleyes:

Do you not know of any motor sports shops that can help? You could just try adjusting a little then test driving again to see if its any better B)

and are they set to the wrong side? Im sure they should be set the other way so it pulls the top of the wheel in???

with coilovers you will have to take in to account for corner weight balancing as well. its not as easy as putting them on and thats it im affraid.

i would have a 4 wheel laser alignment doing first then have a play with the setting and see how it handles. then after you have finished with the settings and are happy they you will need to 4 wheel align it again.

i found with mine that there wasnt enough weight on the front end and had to adjust the ride height on the rear and front to adjust the weight then align again.

you can pay to get all this done in one go but you will have to find some were that does corner weight balancing.

andy

As Andy has said its not just a case of fitting coilovers and whacking a load of neg camber on the front. If the toe was right on the front before you pulled the tops of the shocks in then as the trackrods atatch above the lower ball joints, the front will now be toed out.

From what i have read if you want less understeer softern the front and stiffen the back. If you want less oversteer the softern the back and stiffen the front.

whole lot needs aligning to stock before you start playing anyway.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.