Car wrapping sills included

oMIKEYo

A while ago I posted about that place doing car wraps for 800£ using 3M wrap and a lot of people were scepticle. I was watching the first fast n furious earlier and his orange car tempted me to find out a price. I told him my roof, bonnet and spoiler blade was already in carbon wrap so it was for the rest of the car. Here's the reply:

Hello

Can you send me some pics please. I need to have a look at your bumper. Do you want to do inside the doors aswell?

I need to check the size but from top of my head around £600 + £100 for insides (as it is nearly another day of work)

Have you tought about lime green or orange matt?

Thanks for enquiry.

Mike

Now I'm 99% persuaded to do it. Sills included etc!

Maybe go for a white or orange hmmm decisions decisions

Edited by oMIKEYo

Haha thanks :) I do love my car as it is but when your sat inside doing nothing and you see something you want, it's a rule to find it's price :lol:

And besides, how many orange celis do you see? :P

I would really like it but I think I'm just looking at expensive options now where as there as so many smaller things I could do first :P

I think it will be put off for a while first though as I'm wanting front and back lips and 18's first hahaha.

Haha thanks :) I do love my car as it is but when your sat inside doing nothing and you see something you want, it's a rule to find it's price :lol:

I would really like it but I think I'm just looking at expensive options now where as there as so many smaller things I could do first :P

I think it will be put off for a while first though as I'm wanting front and back lips and 18's first hahaha.

Good choice ;) Btw are 18's like the ideal size of celica's ? Im building a shopping list for the mass amount of mods ill be doing, and cant decide if I should keep 17's or slap on some 18's :S do you have a picture for comparison ?

I think the 17's look mint mate, have you thought about spending the money on some nice Ksport or BC coil overs ? they you can lower it abit more to fit the wheel :) and it improives the handling, general rule my S14 mates use it 'If you can fit your fist between the tyre and the arch, then it isnt low enough' Although they are mostly difting nuts lol!

Depends what you plan to do though ^_^ Im gonna fit coilovers to mine, so gonna keep the 17's so I can lower her more, without having to pay someone to roll my arches. I nearly fitted 18's but then I would have to roll the arche's so its extra cost for no gain :S

I Don't normally like red cars but that is just lush, I think I would spend the money on

a front lip, unless money permits both lol

:lol: Cheers :D I love comments about my car :lol::blush:

Front lip and rear valance are my next steps :)

@Rory - I agree. You have persuaded me, ill stick with the 17's! :lol:

I think the 17's look mint mate, have you thought about spending the money on some nice Ksport or BC coil overs ? they you can lower it abit more to fit the wheel :) and it improives the handling, general rule my S14 mates use it 'If you can fit your fist between the tyre and the arch, then it isnt low enough' Although they are mostly difting nuts lol!

Depends what you plan to do though ^_^ Im gonna fit coilovers to mine, so gonna keep the 17's so I can lower her more, without having to pay someone to roll my arches. I nearly fitted 18's but then I would have to roll the arche's so its extra cost for no gain :S

meister R all the way. a few of us on here have them and there top quality.

One on my drive every day ;) its a fun colour though, i cant remember off hand what company supplied the vinyl but it was applied by raccoon. I have sunset orange on the top half and black the other half, diagonally split between front wheels and spoiler. I may have to give it a clean tonight (so much pollen!!!!!!!) and show you an example of a celica in orange :)

-edit- on 18" wheels too and 225/35 tyres.

Edited by Anim

The decent vinyl can last up to 5 years from what i remember, mine has been on for over a year now and the lower lip needs redoing on one side as its tearing a little, theres a tiny cut that you can barely notice above one of the wheels but other than that its pretty fine still. Ive not really seen any stone chips either and it protects the actual paintwork underneath from stones too.

As said, it can last up to 5 years if a decent job is done.

It doesn't however stop stone chips etc, but what you could do is get the front bumper sprayed the same colour as the wrap and if/when you get stone chips the same colour is underneath. That's what SJ did :D

This is a very cheap qoute so if you want it doing them jump onit as a lot iof other places it costs the same as a respray 2-3k

My bonnet has no stone chips and that's prone to the most :)

Indeed, i have had my bonnet done for nearly a year now and no stone chips

BUT, i would be interested to know what wrap they are using as even if it is Hexis or 3M, there are various grades of vinyl wrap, Hexis offer 2 grades for vehicle wrapping (HX3000 is for cast textured vinyls, and HX2000 for cast gloss vinyls)

I have heard of people being quoted for vehicle wrapping in lesser quality Hexis vinyls which will be thinner and more prone to colour fade (especially when stretched over complex curves) and probably more prone to chipping too due to being a thinner vinyl

So make sure they are quoting a proper vehicle wrapping grade vinyl

Lime green would be awesome dude B) never seen any of those b4. Personally I think she looks lush as she is, however like you said... wee front lip & set of springs would finish her off nicely :D

Not hinting or anything dude :P

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.