Cheapest way to verify mileage of a used car

wilbo83

Just wondered whats the best way to verify mileage other than paying £20 HPI check, or is that the only way? Obviously, I know looking through the old paperwork will do this, but just wanted to know if there was any way of doing a cheap check on database

Type mot history checker into google its on the dvla.gov site , it allows all previous MOT's to be viewed, including previous advisories.

you will need 2 things... the document reference number and the vehicle registration number. HTH

a hpi check can't guarantee the mileage it has been proven many times that they have got it wrong best way is check the car out will be pretty obvious if the mileage is correct seat wear and many other things to look for ;)

oh mine had 2 previous owners with 22k on the clock at 4 years of age

the service history will be your best bet,for example Audi keep the records of all the work carried out at there dealerships so you can ring up and ask for a printout of all the work done to the obviously they record the mileage when carrying out any work

HTH

Edited by antmax7

Reason why i asked this is there is an impreza for sale not far from me at a garage called Moorelands with 30k which looks identical to one that was sold at the BCA super Saturday auction last weekend, there is a pic on a story about it on pistonheads where the numberplate has been obscured but sure it is VO05VKW which apparently had 90k on it.

If anyone fancies doing some detective work to see if I am right, feel free, would be appreciated.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.