Is it possible

Dan23

yeah see this is what im thinking too, iv been accepted for finance on £3500 but the car has to meet the above criteria and im kinda thinking to myself, i know privately they can be had at that price but a dealer, fat chance

the finance firm did say if i find a car they will check to see if its over priced and if it is then negotiate the price down to what it should be, but i still cant see it happening :lol:

i have 14 days to find a one at that criteria

Hmm, you might find it hard to get decent car for that price unless you Part echange ? Also its worth looking to see what garages do for finance packages, going private finance is a headache! and the interest will be sky high

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201116384971008/sort/priceasc/seller-type/trade_adverts/model/celica/make/toyota/page/2/radius/1501/postcode/hp24bz/advert-type/featured-listing/dealer/9153/usedcars?logcode=flp

Just an example, but its possible to get finance deals on cars, so you just need a deposit.

Edited by RoryK

Would it not be cheaper/less hassle to get a Bank Loan instead? It should be lower APR and then you can buy privately as well?

Do you have any savings? That'll help get you a bank loan if need be - why not just wait 6 months and save some coin. :)

Saving is always the best option, but so hard when you want something now! So feeling the pain on that one!

It would likely, but unsecure loan's, or loan's for car's at the moment are near impossible :/ Banks just arent giving money at the moment :(

They always offer me a gaurenteed loan when I go into the bank. I think it's because I have some savings. I think if you show you can save money they are happy to give you one.

i have quite a poor credit rating due to my past, so bank loans are out of the question, they wont touch me, hence why i thought about finance, the company that are sorting it for me have said the APR is between 20-25% over 4 years on £3500, but id get the exact amount once i found the car i like

i do have my gen 6 i could put down as a part ex once its fixed and mot'd

a quick look on ebay and the cheapers i can find a 190 for at the max of 8 years old is £3950, so basically £500 out of my budget.

i have quite a poor credit rating due to my past, so bank loans are out of the question, they wont touch me, hence why i thought about finance, the company that are sorting it for me have said the APR is between 20-25% over 4 years on £3500, but id get the exact amount once i found the car i like

i do have my gen 6 i could put down as a part ex once its fixed and mot'd

a quick look on ebay and the cheapers i can find a 190 for at the max of 8 years old is £3950, so basically £500 out of my budget.

you will find loads of 140's at that price but you will be hard pushed for a 190

Edited by Pauljs

I think its possible, just lay down the law with the dealer :lol:

"I have this much, and I want that car! Take it or leave it"

yeah thats the kinda thing i was gonna go, well the finance firm would do, i guess i need to just hunt around and find out really, if i can find one then its not the end of the world as i know i can pick up a pre face lift 190 for under £3k just means the boring old saving needs to start lol

the pre face lift 140s are coming out around £2k mark, even the early face lifts are not quite hitting above £3500, if i wanted a 140 id have no problems, but the 140 isnt quick enough for me to keep for 4 years, whereas i could see myself keeping a 190 for 4 years

Edited by Dan23

the pre face lift 140s are coming out around £2k mark, even the early face lifts are not quite hitting above £3500, if i wanted a 140 id have no problems, but the 140 isnt quick enough for me to keep for 4 years, whereas i could see myself keeping a 190 for 4 years

Once you own a Cen 7 you wont want anything else! I want to be buried in my car.

Have you shopped around at finance offers mate ? Some garages offer great financial options, have a phone around, view some cars and see what they have to say :)

If your only thinking of owning it for 4 years then would it be worth having finance on it ? Maybe you should keep your Gen 6 and splash some cash on that instead ? :)

Edited by RoryK

Something is making me think thats a 140.... Not sure what though...

No, that's a 190 with the optional Sport Pack.

There can't be more than a handful of 190's in the country that are under eight years old, so you're going to struggle to find one. That might not be a bad thing though Dan, as chuccy over four years is never a good idea. Much better to save this year and get a face lift T Sport next year when the prices have dropped further and you can afford the repayments over three years max.

been thinking about it alot today and the rules to the finance seem a little un fair to me, they are basically saying what i can and cant have when at the end of the day its going to be my car, think for now i might just have a look around see if i can find one i like and get a finance deal from a dealer or try and save some cash up and just buy one privately

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.