Anybody bought Toyota red coolant lately?

Just wondering if anyones been and brought any pre-mixed red coolant lately as to whether it's cheaper online delivered or cheaper straight from toyota?

Looking online I can find 5lt + 1lt for £23.30 so is that cheaper or more expensive than walking in the garage??

Online from Pentagon.

Just bought 5l of superlong from MrT and it bent me for 32quid.

Also, Toyota World Bristol North dont offer discout for either Toyota Club or CCUK members either. Last time i get consumables from them methinks

Online from Pentagon.

Also, Toyota World Bristol North dont offer discout for either Toyota Club or CCUK members either. Last time i get consumables from them methinks

Thats where I was looking, but £32 for 5lt?? think I may be ordering online it thats what they'll be charging!!

Thanks

Well went in my local Toyota garage and the coolant was £15.27+VAT and £3.70+VAT no discount for club members so price was £18.32 for 5lt and £4.44 for 1lt. So it did work out cheaper than buying online.

Total spent was £66.82 that was 5lt Toyota red coolant, 1lt Toyota red coolant, Thermostat, Thermostat gasket and a power steering belt. Was a little bit more than I was hoping but not too bad, just need to get the thermostat and belt fitted and change the coolant now.

See, this is where i'm now slightly nervous. I bought the coolant to do a bleed and top up to get rid of a gargle in the system on my Gen7.

Cant get to the coolant bottle to check whats in there currently without taking off the plastics (which i dont want to do without some replacement pop fixings which are on order).

Everyone on here swears by the red longlife but MrT insisted that it had pink superlong put in at its service just before i picked it up 2weeks ago.

Whats the bets now that i've bought pink, it'll be filled with red and i'll have to cock about with the plastics twice!?

Edited by BristolLee

See i mentioned to my father in law (who is amazing with cars.etc) about Toyota Red Coolant, he couldnt beleive i would want to spend £20 on coolant.

And thinking about it, why would I? Coolant is coolant, it all has to pass the same industry standard?

Online from Pentagon.

Are you a Toyota World Advantage Scheme member? It's free to join.

If you own a Toyota that is between 3-5 years old then you are eligible for Toyota World Advantage.

The Toyota World Advantage privilege scheme ensures that your vehicle will continue to be looked after by a Toyota-qualified

technicians, using only genuine Toyota parts; but at a reduced price after your cars 3rd birthday.

Toyota cars aged 3-5 years old will benefit from the following...

25% discount on every MOT (50% if booked and carried out with

a service)

20% discount on labour rates

10% discount on parts fitted in our workshop

10% discount on accessories

FREE Approved Safety Checks

FREE Wash & Vacuum

FREE Collection & Delivery (subject to location)

FREE Loan car for servicing & repairs (conditions apply)

Preferential rates on all Body & Cosmetic repairs

If you own a Toyota that is at least 5 years old then you are eligible for Toyota World Advantage.

The Toyota World Advantage privilege scheme ensures that your vehicle will continue to be looked after by a Toyota-qualified

technicians, using only genuine Toyota parts; but at a reduced price after your cars 5th birthday.

Toyota cars aged 5 years and older will benefit from the following...

40% discount on labour rates

25% discount on every MOT (50% if booked and carried out with a service)

20% discount on parts fitted in our workshop

20% discount on accessories

FREE Approved Safety Checks

FREE Wash & Vacuum

FREE Collection & Delivery (subject to location)

FREE Loan car for servicing & repairs (conditions apply)

Preferential rates on all Body & Cosmetic repairs

I use mine for 20% discount on anything I buy from them. I got a set of genuine mats (not the budget ones), with 'Celica' embroidered on them for about £40.

Edited by masiv

See i mentioned to my father in law (who is amazing with cars.etc) about Toyota Red Coolant, he couldnt beleive i would want to spend £20 on coolant.

And thinking about it, why would I? Coolant is coolant, it all has to pass the same industry standard?

A lot of coolants only last up to about 5 years. I have the pink 'superlong' in my car and it lasts up to 100,000 miles. So faced with a choice of saving a few quid at a time, but having to change the coolant every 5 years or paying a bit more to start with and only have to top-up, probably for the entire time I will own this car, then it seems like a no-brainer to me.

All Gen 7 celica's should have pink, Gen 4-6 red.

It might be cheaper online but would you buy Smirnof from ebay? (Forlife from genuine dealers selling on EBay will be fine though).

• Xanadu changed the title to Anybody bought Toyota red coolant lately?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.